Tirelessly

•Kat•

I sat at my desk staring at this file so long I thought it was staring back at me, mocking me. Fitz had broken into containment last night trying to provoke the monolith. While doing so he discovered something he missed after months and months of research. He called us into a meeting in the middle of the night to explain how this small discovery could help bring Jemma back. The sand he found in containment predates the earth by a million years. Fitz is desperately trying to prove the Rock is a portal to another planet, hoping Simmons is still out there. I don't believe for a second that she's gone and I've been right alongside Fitz for the ride. Now we're so close but so far, it mocked me. I'm no scientist but I wish to solve this puzzle so badly.

"Get ready, we're taking off in five" Coulson said speedily

"Where are we going?" I asked slipping my black leather jacket on over my white shirt

"Going to pay professor randolf a visit" he smiled a mischievous smile. "I wouldn't be to quick to put the jacket on, I've got a surprise for you"

I got up out of my chair and followed him down the hall, on the outside I was relaxed but on the inside I was screaming with anticipation. He lead me down into the training room and in the middle of the room was a completely new and redesigned suit just for me.

"I don't know what to say" I was speechless

"I know your original one was damaged when shield fell then later was damaged more in the battle with ultron. Since you're one of us now i though you need a new and upgraded one.

The suit was made out of light weight gray and black protective material. The suit had redesigned chest protection and a neck strap to protect your main artery in your neck. It had a utility belt with throwing knives and a thermal heat wire. It also had my cobra logo on the front. It came with leg strap for my gun, leg strap for my ammo, and a leg strap for my grappling hook gun. It also came with gloves equipped with micro injectors and toxin that when injected into the blood stream will cause people to pass out and be paralyzed for a short amount of time.

"Coulson it's truly great, I'm so thankful" I said giving him a hug

"I figured you already had the shoes covered" he looked down at my feet and there were my grandfathers boots.

"Alright I'll pack it up and we'll get this show on the road" Coulson gave me a little smile and headed toward the plane

I took a deep breath and took out my phone, scrolling through the contacts until I reached the one I wanted. I clicked call and put it up to my ear

"Hello?"

"Hi Steve"

"I've been so worried about you! Where have you been!"

"Work"

"For almost two days!"

"Yes"

"Are you ever going to come home?"

"Actually, I called to tell you I won't be home for a few more days. We're going on a little trip"

"A little trip" he mocked

"Remember to feed the cat and yourself"

He sighed

"I love you, bye"

" wait? Love m-"

I hung up, it felt so childish but I hung up anyway. I stuffed it in my pocket and pretended it never happened. I loaded my stuff onto the plane and I was ready to go.