New Semester, New Problems

Start from the beginning

I sighed.

I felt bad about the whole thing since my jealousy got the best of me, I was just too prideful to say anything to Delilah.

She really isn't anything like the Delilah she was before. These past months it almost seems like she's a stranger, not even Cleo can get her to leave her room.

×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

-Delilah-

A new semester...

I opened my eyes and stared at the ceiling.

I don't think I want to do this anymore, I don't want to just stay here for the rest of my life...I can't die so it will be a pretty long time.

I sighed.

I don't think I can ever face humanity again.

I did what I had to do but still, I killed more in one night than I have the entire year.

Death count: 752

I didn't mean it...

I've never lost control like that before.

I felt this darkness within...

The look on Luna's face...

The panic on the teenage kids...

I can still hear them screaming, begging for their life.

I must've killed about 75 ghoul investigators... Maybe more. It almost seems like a blur but I remember every last detail...

There was a knock on my door.

"Delilah..."

It's Cleo.

"Delilah... Can I come in?"

I wanted to say no...I haven't seen her or Blaze in a while. We usually just talk through the door, I don't really let anyone in.

She just leaves food and coffee at the door, I'd usually get it whenever I felt like getting up but...I'm not really ready to face anyone.

"Delilah?"

I sighed heavily.

"It's open..."

The doorknob twisted and the door opened.

I sat up and didn't face her.

"Hey...Are you coming to school?"

"....."

"Delilah..."

"I don't think so..." I said.

"You can't stay in here forever. I'm worried about you, you haven't been outside ever since-"

"I said I'm not going!"

"Delilah... Please." She said as she walked towards me.

"Cleo leave me alone. I'm not going, I can't..."

"You can't hide forever. No one even knows about it, we got away and-"

"That doesn't matter. I still killed all those innocent people, the investigators were just doing their job. I killed them...I slaughtered all..."

I fell silent.

"I'm sorry but I'm not going"

"I got you some clothes if you change your mind" she handed them to me.

"I won't." I said.

"Delilah, I hate seeing you like this. I care a lot about you but don't bum yourself out. All of us did bad things that day, even I...well you know"