Dear Diary: Entry 2

Dear Diary,

I heard the children again today but this time I didn't stay quite. I said hello but they fled, I didn't exactly see them though. All I heard was the running, it was kind of weird.

If Halmeoni or Halabeoji found out that happened they'd punish me for sure. I wonder why they're in there anyway? Why don't they live around me?

Our nearest neighbor is almost a mile away, my grandparents won't even let me visit the village. Halmeoni always goes shopping without me, it's not fair! I want to know why they always keep me here but when I ask they say we'll tell you when you're older. What's that supposed to mean? I'm not a little kid anymore, If they told me I'm sure I'd get what they're saying in an instant!

*Knock Knock *

I closed my diary quickly and hid it under my pillow.

"Come in" I said.

"Luna, why aren't you ready for bed yet?" Halmeoni asked.

"I was about to go brush my teeth Halmeoni..." I said.

"I'm going shopping tomorrow, since your birthday is coming up your grandfather and I have decided to grant you the wish of having a dog. So you'll go into town with me to pick the one you like"

!

A bright smile spread across my face.

"Really?! You mean it?!"

She smiled back and nodded.

"Uwa! Gamsahamnida ~" I said as I bowed my head over and over.

She chuckled. "Settle down now Luna. Get ready for bed, tomorrow you'll need to wake up early so we make it home before night fall"

"Mm" I nodded happily.

"Sweet dreams." She said as she kissed my forehead.

"Anyeonghi jumuseyo~" I hugged her.

She hugged me back. "Sleep well my darling"

"I will~"

She walked out the door.

I felt so excited! My first friend! I can't wait!

I grabbed my diary from under my pillow and began writing. I have to finish my entry.

Hey Diary, guess what? I'm getting a dog tomorrow! I'll finally have someone to play with! Isn't that great?! And the other good news is I finally get to see the village! There's going to be people! People that I'll get to meet! It'll be great! But for now I guess I should really go get ready for bed, after tomorrow I'll finally have Hayangi ~

Until tomorrow!