Chapter 3~ Kirstin

It's around 10:30 now, and all of the boys have fallen asleep. I can't sleep though; I don't trust them yet. I can't trust them yet. I won't let myself.

I sigh and stand up, crossing over to a small couch on the opposite side of the room from the beds, and I sit down on the middle cushion. I clasp my hands together, and I just stare at them.

It's kind of hard to believe. That they are actually real. I mean, I thought it was just a stupid mind trick that Sterlingson was trying to play on me, but it's not. There are actual people here. I don't get why they didn't know about me though, or why he kept me separate from them.

"You a night owl?" A voice says from behind me and I jump a little, and I turn to see Scott.

"You always scare people like that?" I ask, looking him in the eyes.

"Yeah, but only when I feel like it. Can I sit?" He asks and I nod, and he sits next to me.

"So, are you a night owl?" He asks after a moment and I kinda smile.

"I guess you could say that. Just got a lot on my mind. From today, you know." I admit and he nods, sighing deeply.

"Yeah. Today was insane a little bit. But, it was insane in a good kind of way, you know? We got to meet everybody." He says and I nod.

"Yeah, that's true. I just hope I didn't give that Avi guy false hope. You know, about getting out of here." I say quietly and he looks at me.

"I'm sure he'll get over it. And we will get out of here one day. He can't keep us here forever, can he?" Scott says and I shrug.

"Hopefully not. I want to get out of here. Desperately." I say and he nods.

"Me too. But hey, let's not talk about today anymore. Lets just talk about each other. Like, what kinda stuff we're into and such." Scott suggests and I think for a moment and then nod. It seems like a pretty good idea.

"Well, I'm 15, for a start. I like to absorb information, from like books and stuff. I hate arguments, like, really hate arguments, especially when I help start them. I like to sing some as well, but I mainly did that to keep my sanity in tact back in my old room. Other than that, I like dogs. And that's basically it. I'm not super interesting." I say and he nods, and shrugs.

"I thought that was interesting." Scott says and I grin a bit, looking at him.

"Whatever. Your turn." I say and he seems to be deep in thought, before he breaks out a goofy grin.

"Well, I'm 16, just like Mitchell over there. I love coffee, and I like to pull pranks on people, mainly Mitch. I love sleeping and listening to good music whenever we are allowed to. I sing some as well, but I'm not super good, so I mainly don't. But yeah, that's a few things about me." He says and I nod.

"You're an interesting sounding guy, Scott. What're Mitch, Kevin and Avi like?" I ask and he thinks for a moment.

"Well, I don't know Kevin and Avi that well, but I could write a book on Mitch. Of course, I won't do that, but still. Mitch has sass to spare. He loves cats, clothes and food, and he hates people who are mean for no reason. Well, I guess I should say he doesn't understand why people are mean for no reason, seeing as we only know like five people. Avi is a pretty chill guy. Uh, his favorite animal is a dragon." Scott says and I look at him.

"A dragon? Seriously? But dragons aren't real." I say and Scott laughs a bit.

"Yeah, but don't say that to his face. He will literally fight you." Scott says and I nod, noting that fact.

"Well, let me think about Kevin. First off, guy's a genius. He seems very close to Avi and he seems pretty humble. But that's about all I know about those two." Scott says and I grin.

"They seem pretty cool. I just hope we all get along. We got to a pretty rough start today. But it will get better." I say and Scott mutters an agreement.

"It's gotta get better. Or it won't get better for all of us." Scott says and we just sit there in silence for a minute.

"How about we get some sleep. No telling what comes tomorrow, right?" Scott says after a minute, and I nod, suddenly yawning.

Scott yawns as well and we both look at each other and laugh a bit, before we both go to our levitation beds, and I lay down.

"Night Kirst. Is it ok if I call you that, instead of Kirstin? It just seems more like you." Scott says, and I grin.

"Yeah, you can call me that. Night Scott." I say back and we both fall silent, and I realize something in that exact moment.

I trust Scott. I shouldn't let myself trust him, but I do. I do 100%.

I slowly let myself fall asleep, and the world finally slips away into darkness.

Total word count: 901