Chapter 4

ART SHOW DAY

"Me, too."

I can't help but want to touch her. I haven't in ages and the empty feeling I've had because of her absence is... scary.

It's nothing like I've ever had before and I hate it. Why? Why does she do this to me?

I reach over to her lap and find her hand which I clasp in my own. Her hands are cold, lifeless. It feels nice and familiar.

"Christian, I-"

What?

"Ana, please. We need to talk.."

I've honestly never felt so vulnerable.

"Christian, I . . . please . . . I've cried so much."

She had the choice to stay or to leave... I understand why she left but she never even tried to call me or contact me in any way. In fact, she seems so calm and petite for someone who apparently cried so much.

So why does it hurt to see tears rolling down her cheeks?

"Oh, baby, no."

I tug at her hand and lift her onto my lap. This is where I want her to be. 

"I've missed you so much, Anastasia."

I feel Anastasia rest her head onto my shoulder, so I start kissing her head. Is this what she wants? Will she give me a second chance? I have so much to discuss with her with such little time.

When I feel the car pulling up to a curb, I warn Anastasia to let her know that we're here before I shift her off.

"Come, Anastasia. We're here,"

I can see the confused look on her face, so oblivious.

"Helipad-on the top of this building."

I step out of the car as she does and slowly make my way towards where she was seated. 

"I should give you back your handkerchief."

"Keep it, Miss Steel, with my best wishes."

I grab her hand again and then turn around to face Taylor.

"Nine?"

"Yes, sir."

I start to lead Anastasia through the double doors and soon we reach the elevator.

ahh, memories. sweet, sweet memories, Mr grey.

I catch Anastasia peeking up at me, I know exactly why. I feel a smile starting to form on my face, this isn't good. I lead her into the elevator and once we're standing next to each other in this small space, I see her once again, peeking up at me.

Oh, baby, I'm not going to pull anything on you. Not yet.

I look at her also, and she quickly looks away. Some nerve this girl has.

"Oh my."

"I feel it, too."

I clasp her hand, wanting some contact between us.  I start dragging my thumb along her knuckles.

And then she goes and does that, bites her lip. I feel it down in my cock.

"Stop biting your lip, Anastasia."

She looks up at me and releases her lip. I look straight ahead and smile.

"You know what it does to me."