Bitterly Sweet | Prologue

Bitterly Sweet•Prologue

Where am I...?

Who is he...?

What is that...? Blood...?

"Thank you for your purchase! Come again!" I smiled at the last customer of the day. She left with her daughter, leaving the bell jingling behind them. I sighed and flipped the OPEN sign to CLOSED. It was 10:30 PM and I was the only one working here tonight and was in charge of closing up shop. There are originally 4 other employees at Shingeki Sweets named Connie Springer, Historia Reiss, Ymir, and Sasha Blouse, but I called in today telling them I could handle it.

Anyway, I need the extra money. I live in a small house with my best friend Armin Arlert who works for the FBI along with my sister who is an agent in the FBI. I admired them so much and I still do. I'm just the little housewife in the family. The door jingled and my head snapped back to look at the little punk who walked in here when it clearly says CLOSED on the door, "Excuse me, but we're clos-"

The echo of a gunshot rang in my ears and cut my sentence short as I saw the body slump to the ground, lifeless. A puddle of blood began to ooze out of the man's head. With the body down, I could clearly see the man who shot him. A short man in a nice suit, black hair styled into an undercut. His hair blowing in the wind, his eyes just staring at me like some kind of prey.

Very intimidating. Also a killer. My heart was beating so fast, my mind was telling me to run but my feet were just glued to the ground. "Uh oh, we've got a witness." The man whispered in a playful tone. "Oi, don't look so frightened. He was the bad guy anyway." The man ran his fingers through his hair and sighed, "Well, I'm just gonna leave right now. My friends will come to clean up in a bit." His hand reached for the handle, but stopped before pushing it, "Oh, brat, could we just keep this between us? I wouldn't want to have to kill such a beautiful thing."

The bell jingled as he walked out of the shop.