Chapter Fifteen: Time To Shine

*DAY OF THE CONCERT*

Jessica's P.O.V

I nervously paced back and fourth backstage. My hands shook uncontrollably. I started rubbing my temple hoping that the nervousness would go away. I buried my face in my hands and groaned. Why did I agree to this?!

I plopped myself on the couch and screamed into the pillow. 

"Jess, are you alright?" A familiar voice asked me. I slowly got up to look at the concerned figure. "You look a little shaky." Zayn told me. He walked up to the couch and sat beside me. "Oh, it's nothing, I'm just preforming with the biggest boy-band in the world!" I shouted sarcastically as I raised my hands and made pointless gestures. Zayn rubbed my back and I was instantly soothed with his touch. I buried my face in my hands again and let out a small cry.

"What if they hate me?" I asked Zayn as my face peeked out of my hands. "Don't think that, they won't hate you." He reassured, his hand continued to move up and down my back. "What if I mess up?" I questioned seriously. He sighed "You'll do fine." He told me. "How do you know?" I asked him as I crossed my arms. He chuckled. "Because you're perfect." He whispered. His words ran through my brain.

You're perfect.

No one has ever called me perfect. Those two words were like an undiscovered secret. I never heard anyone say anything that kind to me. Snap out of it, Jessica! It's Zayn. He's probably just trying to make you feel better.

"You ready, Jessica?" Someone asked. Zayn's hand dropped from my back and I looked at who asked me the question. 

Louis.

A smile danced on my lips and I stood up to greet him. I gave him a big hug. "I think so." I told him quietly. He put his head closer to mine and kissed my nose. "You'll do great, I know it." He whispered. I smiled and released myself from his arms.

"Boys, you're out in ten." A man in black told them. Louis nodded and looked at Zayn. "Harry, Liam, Niall! Ten seconds!!" He shouted. The three boys rushed out in a second. "Five, four, three, two..." The manager counted "One, go." He told them. Louis took a deep breath and ran on stage, all the boys followed him.

The crowd screamed and cheered. I danced backstage to their songs, I got some odd stares but I didn't care.

"Tonight let's get some!" They sang "And Live While We're Young." Harry's distinct voice finished the song. I took a deep breath...This is it.

"And now, ladies and gentleman...Erm...Mostly ladies." Liam stuttered. "We are proud to present." Niall piped in. "One of our good friends." Zayn added. "Jessica Wright!" Harry exclaimed. "Hey, I wanted to say that!" Louis whined. I chuckled and walked on stage. I heard the crowd roar. "Now, Jessica wrote a song for us and we asked her to sing it." Liam explained. "So...Jessica.." He said as he handed me his microphone. I smiled and gladly took it. "Erm...Hi." I spoke awkwardly. Many 'Hi's were shouted back. "Wow, there's a lot of people." I chuckled. The crowd laughed. "Okay...Here we go." I breathed, the crowd silenced and I began to sing.

"Your hand fits in mine like it's made, just for me, so bare this in mind, that it was, meant to be. And I'm joining up the dots with the freckles on your cheeks, and it all makes sense, to me." So far everything was going well, they didn't seem to hate me or anything.

"I know you've never loved the crinkles by your eyes when you smile, you've never loved, your stomach or your-"

All of a sudden I heard a loud bang and a sharp pain through my shoulder. I slowly fell and my body made hard contact with the ground. My vision started to blur and I grasped my shoulder. I examined my hand and found it covered in blood.

Zayn rushed to my side. "Oh my word." He breathed. "Louis! Call 911!" He demanded. He took off his shirt which caused the crowd to cheer. He pressed my shoulder and I felt his breaths get heavier along with mine. "Jessica, stay with me, please." He begged as he grabbed my face. My eyes started to droop.

Zayn gently slapped my cheek which caused them to open again. But it didn't last long before the were shut. My head rested on the cold ground.

Darkness enclosed my mind.

A/N OH MY GOODNESS! :O WHAT THE HECK JUST HAPPENED?! Guys...This is sad, there's only one more chapter left. :( WAHH!!! :'( I enjoyed writing this story so much....Vote, Comment, Share! ~Hannah