Chapter 24

Ok, third time lucky right?

I carefully moved my free leg so it was hanging off the bed, the next one would be tricky. I bit my lip in concentration as I pulled it free. I grinned at my success. I then started to across the bed until I was at the edge, the weight sliding from my stomach. I sat up smiling to myself. Finally, I did it-

"Ah, no!" I yelled surprised when an arm snaked around my waist and pulled me back on the bed. "I was so close!" I pouted hearing a chuckle from my side.

"Not even by a little bit." Jake said with his eyes still closed. I groaned, he'd let me think I was able to escape.

"You're going to have to let me go sometime." I said crossing my arms and turning my head to look at him.

"I think I can keep you a little longer." He said smiling.

"I need to eat you know and so do you." I said and he opened his eyes.

"Then I'll have someone bring us food." He shrugged and I rolled my eyes looking back up at his ceiling.

He's kept me in his room for a little over a day now. I haven't even had chance to see Lucy and Ivan since we arrived, Jake had simply dragged me too his room and we hadn't been seen since.

The mating process was complete now, he didn't like to waste time and the bond felt stronger then ever but I didn't feel as though I had too be with him as much now. I knew he was mine and so did my wolf.

Things had been quiet around the pack house but I figured no one wanted to come and interrupt us, Jake's told me how he's been this past week or two, even I wouldn't want to get on his bad side.

"Jake," I said turning back to face him. "Can we please go outside?" I asked looking up at him through my lashes.

"Don't do that." He groaned.

"What?" I asked innocently drawing circles on his stomach.  

"You know what." He forced out making me grin. I laughed and pushed myself up.

"You knew this coming." I said pulling my hair tighter in the tie it was in. He pulled me back down, again, and rolled so he was hovering over top of me. "So now you're going to pin me here?" I asked raising my eyebrows. He smirked, leant down at kissed me before rolling off to stand on the floor leaving me still lay on the bed confused.

"You coming or what?" He ask now standing at the door as I propped myself up on my elbows.

"Why the sudden change?" I asked hoping off the bed and walking past him as he held the door open for me.

"I want to keep you happy." He shrugged slipping his hand into mine as we began walking to the stairs. "I don't want to push you away already now do I?"

"Smart thinking." He grinned as we walked down the stairs. Voices started flowing through to us and Jake's good mood vanished. Instead his teeth were gritted, he was glaring at air and his hand suddenly tighten around me. "Jake?" I stopped and frowned at him.

"Come on." He sighed, relaxing his grip and pushing the door open to the kitchen. Stood in the kitchen I saw familiar faces, faces I hadn't seen in a while. The first person to come up to me was unexpected.

"Autumn!" Megan pulled me into another one of her death trap hugs. "You must come with me." She said grinning and pulling me away just as Elle open her mouth to say something. She pulled me out the back to where Lucy and Ivan were sat under a tree in the shade.

"Megan," Ivan sighed as she sat next to him smiling innocent. "You didn't have to drag the poor girl out here." He said smiling down at her.

"This," I heard someone whisper in my ear. "Is why I wanted to keep you in my room." Jake said pulling my back against his chest. "People are going to be tearing you away from me." I laughed.