Chapter 15

"I still think you cheated." Seth said crossing his arms. Elle and I rolled our eyes and laughed at him as he stalked off in front. He really was a sore loser but then, Elle and I sucked at bowling so when we beat him, he wasn't best impressed.

"We won fair and square. Just because you came last doesn't mean we cheated." Elle said and I giggled next to her as Seth waved his hand with his back still to us.

"I'm glad you and Seth are here." I said to Elle as we neared the school.

"Yeah me too, I just wished it was under different circumstances." She said.

"You and me both." I sighed. "Well, I'll see you guys when I get home." I hugged them both at the entrance of the school.

"Bye." Elle waved. "Come on loser." She said pulling Seth by the arm who scoffed at her for calling him a loser.

I walked through the car park by my self knowing someone was following me. I stopped and pretended to look in my purse while listening to the footsteps closing in. When they were in arms reached, I turned around and kicked the person behind the kneecaps catching them off guard. They fell to the floor cursing as his knees hit the hard surface inflicting more pain.

"Who are you and why were you following me?" I asked the darked haired guy on the floor infront of me.

"Damn." They muttered and I instantly relaxed but was still on edge.

"Ellis?" I asked stepping back as he got up slowly.

"You sure have got a kick." He said wincing.

"Sorry." I said but he just shook it off.

"Don't worry about it. Anyway, the Alpha has me under orders to watch over you." He said rolling his eyes. "Before you ask, no I don't know why and he has me under strict orders that I can't speak to this with anyone other then you and who you say."

"Ok." I said. "But why you?" I asked. "No offence or anything." I added quickly.

"Because, cocky as I am, I'm one of the best fighters we got and he wants the best for you. I don't know why your mate isn't the one doing this, he is the best fighter after all." He said and I looked to the floor. "Ah shit." Ellis said leaning on a car. "He doesn't know what the Alpha and you know, does he?" I shook my head. "I'm going to be in so much shit with him." He said grinding his teeth. "Well, come on princess, we have classes to get to."

"Wait, your not in all my classes." I said as he steered me toward the school.

"I am now." He muttered.

"Look Ellis, I'll make sure Jake doesn't blame you. This is my mess, not yours. I'm sorry your getting dragged into it." I said.

"Thanks." He said. "Just what exactly, kinda of mess is this?" He asked all serious.

"The bad kind." I said looking at him.

"What?" He asked.

"Nothing, you know...if you didn't have the cocky attitude, you'd be a really nice guy." I said and he smiled too sweetly at me.

"Well, aren't we the best of friends." He said throwing an arm over me and I rolled my eyes.

"You know, strangley I feel ok with you protecting me." I said smiling at me.

"Lets not get too mushy now." He said leading me to my locker. 

"So, how do we do this?" I asked grabbing my books. "I mean," I continued when he looked at me confused. "Without anyone getting suspicious about us or anything?"