You And Me: Last One Standing.

I knocked on The Howard's door and Lincoln opened it. May I come in? I want to apologize to Tegan." I asked. He opened the door wider for me to come in. I walked up to her room and opened her door.

"Maybe I should've knocked." I said, and turned back around. When I got in there room, Carl was on top of Tegan. I guess I interrupted them before it happened.
"Yeah you should've." Carl said, with his cheeks getting red in embarrassment.

"Look, Tegan. I just want to apologize about yesterday." I said, and she cued for me to go sit next to her.

"I'm sorry. I just had so much anger not fully towards you, but bottom line is I took it out on you and that wasn't right of me. None of that even had to happen." I said.
"It's fine." she smiled. She seemed like a really forgiving person. " There isn't any use in hating each other. We're a group. We should be protecting each other, not beating this shit out of each other. " She giggled, making me too. "We're okay?" I asked.

"Only if you teach me how to fight like that." she smiled. "I have all the time in the world, like seriously." I laughed and she hugged me. I got up from her bed and almost walked out, but turned back.

"Oh and , I'm really happy for you two. You guys seem really happy." I smiled at them both. She smiled, but Carl didn't. I just ignored it and left.

I'm happy for them.. I couldn't make Carl happy, I'm glad she could.. She's honestly a great girl.. She's beautiful, more beautiful than Carl had claimed I was. I'm slowly moving on. I still love Carl.. But.. I don't think it was like how I did. If you love him , let him go. If he returns, he's yours, if he doesn't, he never was.

I closed The Howard's front door and I ran into somebody making me gasp pretty loud.

"Daddy, you scared the shi- you scared me. " I smiled at him, almost slipping a curse word. "Take a walk with me dear? I'd like to talk." he said. "Um, sure daddy." I said walking with him.

"What did you want to talk about?" I asked him, putting some of my hair behind my ear.
"I noticed, well we all noticed that you and Carl don't even speak." he said. "Yeah and?"

"Are you happy with the Howard boy? " he asked and I hesitated for some reason.

"Oh daddy, would you stop. His name is Ryne, and I am happy with him." I replied very angrily, because I know how he is when he wants to teach me a life lesson.

"Kind of figured it would be the other way around." He said, and I stopped him. "What are you talking about?" I asked, and he looked back at me. "Nothing baby girl, it's not my place to say it." He said fixing his crutch.

"I just want you to make the right choice, that's all." He said lastly.

"Just stop. I'm tired of people telling me what they think is best about my choices. They are my choices! Not yours, Not Carl's, Not Carol's, Not Ryne's. They're MINE. " I yelled at him.

"Daddy, just mind your own business." I spat at him and he smiled at me. Before I could say anything, we both turned to our sides to see a herd of walkers.

"Oh my god."

I had realized that daddy couldn't run anymore. I couldn't yell, because if more were in the area, they'd hear. I helped my dad to a bush and laid him there.

"Be careful. I love you baby girl. " I almost said it back, but a walker grabbed me, and I swung my blow poker into his left eye. The other two walked over to me and I swung my blow poker, slicing both their heads off. I gasped for breath

My dad's yell made me turn around quickly and he was being eaten.

By a walker.

Ryne's POV

"Hey Carol, have you seen Ella?" I asked her. "She went to Tegan's." she said.
"Oh shit." I said. "What, what's the matter?" She asked me. "Do you not recall last night? " I sprinted inside of my parent's house, receiving looks from them both.

"Where's Ella? " I asked them. "She left about 10 minutes ago. She's not there?" My dad asked a little worried. Carol busted through the door. "We can't find Hershel either."
She yelled. Carl and Tegan came out of their room. "What's going on?" Tegan asked me. "We can't find Ella and Hershel." I ruffled my hair fearing the worse.

Everybody in my group went out and searched. I ran the furthest, hearing loud sobbing.

"Daddy.. Daddy, I don't know what to do."
It sounded like Ella.

"Ella! Ella! " I said running to her side. Her eyes were water falling tears, and they weren't letting up. Everybody finally realized where we were and nobody had dry eyes when they saw Hershel laying there.

"Daddy! " Ella cried over and over as she held his hand. I've never seen her like this ever.

Carl's POV

I can't believe what's happening. Hershel is dying. The man that saved my life nearly three years ago is dying, and Ella. I've never seen her cry so hard before. Tegan let go of my hand and cued me to go and sit by Ella. I'd have to be crazy to pass up that opportunity.

I sat by her side and put my arm around her back, rubbing her shoulder as Ryne held the other side of her.. She still cried not wanting to let go of Hershel's hands.. She looked truly terrified and sad.. She was covered in her dad's blood.. Her tears.. I looked at her and she looked me in the eyes.. All I could see was pain.. And sadness.. It was truly saddening to see.. I slowly teared up too, but I immediately wiped them. I had to be strong for Ella. Even if she wasn't mine..

My dad walked over and pulled his gun out of his holster.. And pointed it At hershel's head..Ella grabbed at the tip and shoved it away.. She laid her head onto Hershel's chest.. " Daddy please don't go.. Please.. I can't do it with out you " she whispered, still lying her head on his chest.. His breathing slowed..then it stopped.

Ella's POV

My daddy's dead. He's gone. Maggie's gone. My momma's gone. My brother is gone. I'm alone in this cruel world. Could I do this?

It seemed like hours that passed, but it was only about 10 minutes. I was still laying on My daddy's chest. He began to move again, and his chest moved slowly up and down. I looked up at him and he slowly and gently opened his pale blue eyes, looking all around and growling a little.

I got up and wiped some of my tears, but more came. I walked over to Rick and held my hand out. He knew exactly what i meant and he placed his revolver into the palm of my hand. I cried more and more.

"I love you, daddy. Tell Maggie, momma and my brother I'll see y'all soon." I said beginning to cry again. As he reached his blood drenched hand toward me. I fired a bullet straight through his head and fell to my knees, dropping the revolver. I felt arms gently wrap around me from different directions.

Ryne and Carl both held me as we all walked back.. Nobody said a word.. Just light sobs surrounded the little circle we walked in.. Rick, Daryl, Glenn, and Lincoln carried my daddy's lifeless body behind us.. And just like that.. I was the last Greene..

END OF PART FIVE