You And Me: Homes Where The Heart Is.

Ella's POV

I'm guessing a bump in the road made the car jump a little.. But whatever the hell it was.. It woke me up from my for once- peaceful dream.

I felt myself lying in Carl's arms.. By accident though.. I didn't intentionally lay here.. But what was the problem? " Morning.. " Carl muttered as his lips were attached into the side of my temple as his arms held me beyond close..

I closed my eyes and rubbed my head soothingly onto his lips.. Soaking them in..

Even if Ryne's arms were much bigger and stronger, i didn't feel even close to the safeness I felt when I was in Carl's..

" morning. " I kept my voice to a whisper, considering Glenn was still asleep in the front.. Koreans.

Rick made a turn, catching our attention.. Because the whole time we'd been going straight.. I slowly started to make out where we were going to..

The Farm.

I got out of Carl's grip, getting a closer look.. Rubbing my eyes, hoping and praying to god I wasn't dreaming..

and I wasn't..

Carl's eyes were locked on me as I stared at the window.. Like he was trying to figure me out. Was I excited to be here? Or not?

We all got out of the vehicles quietly..

We pulled our weapons out and walked towards the house.

Daryl, Rick, Glenn, Michonne, And Lastly Lincoln went in while Carol stayed in the truck, feeding sleeping Judith.

I stopped myself before I stepped onto the porch.. Carl noticed like always.. " We can stay in the car if you want.. " he put his gun into his holster and held my waist.. " No, I should do this. " I nodded and walked forward into the house, while Carl followed behind.

" Daryl and I will take the downstairs, Michonne and Lincoln back.. Glenn take watch.. Carl and Ella.. Can you take the upstairs? " Rick asked both of us.

" Uh, yeah we can. " I nodded speaking for the both of us.. But Carl wouldn't mind. He's pretentious sometimes.

" Alright, watch each other's back, unless you have a silencer. Don't shoot. Keep space between. Never ever turn your back. Keep it quiet.. " Rick's instructions came to an end and we broke to our assigned places.

Carl went up before me and I followed behind.. If we went to unknown places it was always like that.. I didn't mind.. But i knew this place.. He made his way into the first room to the right of the stairs.. That was Otis and Patricia's room..

I stopped at young girl running by me.. Maybe 8.. My brother Sam was chasing her up and down the hall ways.. " You won't catch me Samantha! " the little girl hissed and giggled. " Eleanor! That's not my name! " he screamed at the little girl. It was so real.. Like it was actually happening.. I realized that little girl was me.

" Ella.. Ella.. " Carl whispered, looking at me confused.. " sorry.. " I whispered, giving him a fake smile.. He still didn't buy it..he never did. " It's too much right now, I know.. Go wait in the Truck with Carol and Judith, go on. " he whispered, giving my waist a slight squeeze.

I nodded my head and hurried down the stairs quietly.. Once I was to the truck, I saw something shiny on the floor.. And picked it up.. It was a James Avery necklace with an " M " on it.. It was Maggie's.. I suddenly got a really terrible feeling in the pit of my stomach..

" Ella. " carol called my name in a low tone so she wouldn't wake Judith.. I ran to the door and was stopped by Glenn.. " What? what's wrong?! " .. " I- I don't know.. " I said pulling my arm free from his grip..

I ran back inside and up the stairs to my room, standing behind Carl was a walker.. About to chew into his neck, while Carl had his back to him.. Not even knowing of the walker's presence.

I didn't have a silencer on my gun, so I jumped on the walker's back like a little 5 year old and yanked him to the ground and pinned him down, while a bullet went through his skull..

Carl pulled me up into a hug wether I wanted one or not.. I did

" I thought I said go wait in the truck?" He whispered happily into my hair. " I guess i still don't listen very well.. " I smiled, chuckling a bit.. As he pulled me out to look at my face.. I was frowning a bit now.

Carl gave me a " don't make me ask " stare. " I'm just stupid, I broke your heart and you still love me, why do you still love me?" I asked keeping my eyes down to the ground. " I'm the stupid one. I let you go in the first place. I know I say it a lot. I'll never let you go and I do anyway. I don't want that to happen anymore. I mean it Ella. I really do love you. " he muttered, lifting my chin up, giving me those blue eyes. " I missed you so much.. " I nearly cried, jumping into his arms..

Rick's POV

Walking by the barn and standing in the same exact spot I ended what was left of Sophia.

This place brought memories as well. Sophia, Otis, Dale, Jimmy, And Patricia.. I don't know if It will be safe.. We fooled ourselves once.. Never again.

-

Ella's POV

Exactly two years from then.

Things don't seem as dangerous anymore.

We kind of shut the outside world out, went to town once last year, it wasn't overrun by walkers anymore. Maybe about 5.. We cleaned the whole town out of what was left. Which was enough to hold us off for a long time.

In these two years we've come in contact with exactly 22 walkers, and that was all..

We built a barrier around the house.. About 20 feet long.. Enough room for us to plant crops and Judith to play around in.

We've lived off of water, canned goods and what we've grown..It's done us well so far.

Everybody manages to prove their helpfulness.

I know Rick still thinks there's hope some place else, but this is the best we'd get in all honesty.

Judith is slowly starting to understand what the world has come to, she calls me mommy..

and did I mention.. I'm 8 months pregnant.