Escape

// Santiago Manalo //

"Quick, outside, go." I shouted to the three girls. Screams of panic littered around the location. Bodyguards were cuddled in a defensive ring around their employers.  "I'll look for Nic. Go! Prep the gear." They ran as fast they could.

"Nic!" I shouted out loud. I saw him near the murder scene. Medics were all around place. He was trying to help the medics but he was pushed back. His hands curled in a fist. I ran to him, then tugged his sleeve.

"We have to go." He turned to me, eyes filled with bewilderment and regret. Then the unexpected happened.

"Who is this young man?" The First Deputy Mayor asked. He looked calm for someone inside a murder scene and a shootout.

"No one, a friend." Nic plastered a fake smile in his face.

"Let's go. We are not safe here. My community has a safe house here."

"Thank you very much for the offer but I have my own means of transport." Nic said then he turned back leaving. I tagged along.

"Wait." He took my shoulder. I shook it off then looked at the first deputy mayor. 

"That's why." he whispered "Yes, now I remember. That's why I recognize you, Mr. Cruz." He was grinning, the type of grin when you realize something stupidly. I slipped my hand in my bag "or should I say, Mr. Manalo."

I stopped cold. "How?"

"I must say this is a great honor. The infiltrator and his sidekicks. So, this must be Dominic Castro. I must say, you're good to think that I offered you a place within our society. And I would be the one to kill you." He pulled out his gun and pointed it at my head.

I acted fast. I threw a bomb above their heads and their eyes followed as I pulled my gun out of it's holster and shot at him and his bodyguard's legs. Nic pulled me forward then we fell down face first as we covered our ears, then a loud explosion of light and sound.

We ran upstairs, our adversaries stunned. "Nice one." said Nic. "What was that?"

"Homemade Flashbang. I didn't get to buy real ones." We rushed outside.

"Is your Limo still here?" I asked Nic.

"I don't know, maybe the girls took it." he said.

"There." I pointed to  a BMW Origin M.

"We're going to steal a car?" he complained.

"We've done this before, besides the fate of the world is at stake." I said, picking the door lock and dived below the steering wheel. I threw my glock at Nic.

"Guard my six." I pulled my multi tool then started to remove plastic hatch below the steering wheel. "Lights." I said the glasses activated shedding a beam of light below. I heard shouts outside

"Santi." Nic said.

"I'm almost done. I removed the cover look for the wire. Shots were suddenly fired.

"Santi!" barked Nic. "They're shooting at me!"

"Shoot back!" I shouted. He was supposed to be the field agent. I pulled a couple of wires then rearranged them. The engines revved to life.

"In!" I shouted while opening the door to the shotgun seat. I pressed the accelerator. We ran them down. I turned right to the exit after a couple of minutes. I drove like a mad man.

"Took you long enough." said Lena,  who was still fixing our stuff.

"You're not finished yet!" I shouted. I pulled a couple of hidden weapons all around the place and placed it in my suit case.