The Surface

Santi's mind spun, hearing Nic's declaration

"Novus Ordo Seclorum" He said, his head starting to get dizzy, from the sight of what was written in those folders. He knew it was no ordinary cult that they saw 2 years ago, May 5th.

"What?" Sue asked, confused.

"Pyramid, Dollar bill, lower portion" He rambled on, starting to spurt out different words. His mind was too busy, too confused, and was starting to run around in a panic. He spent years making himself believe that it wasn't a secret organization or anything with such scope and power that they saw that night

"You mean, those conspiracy bluffs have always been true?" Marie said, she never truly believed those theories.

"Yes, we know. Blah, then there's the other folder and laptop." said Lena

"Operation Braille" read Nic, He carefully opened the bulging folder. Then he paged through it. While he scanned the pages his eyebrows rose higher and higher, from sheer disbelief, and surprise.

"These are...assassination plans, massacres, murders. I recognize some of the names here."

"Of who?" asked Sue.

"Artists. World Leaders. CEOs, influential people all around the world. Basically all those..." said Nic but I cut him off

"-Who stand in their way. Whose influence may succeed theirs" Santi said. In his mind a new, wild theory is forming. Something that intrigued him and scared him at the same time. All of them looked at him in surprise.

"They've grown bigger. Bigger than what the history books says."

"What do you mean, grown bigger?" asked Lena, in a bossy cheerleader way.

"Sorry, I was thinking out loud. You don't need to be scared." He said hoping that they wouldn't press on. But their curious side overturned the fearful and rational side.

"Too late." Said Nic

"The Illuminati-" began Santi. "isn't focused now in abolishing the Catholic Church. It now wants the whole world," he took the folder and leafed through its pages. "based on what it says on those folders. It means that everything in our world is going to change."

He breathed in, "We have to stop them" Now that he said those words out loud, he realized how stupid they sound. The how, even would take such enormous planning and resources.

"Stop them? Are you crazy?" Lena raised her voice, like she wasn't already.

"No I'm serious!" He exclaimed suddenly. His rational side is seemingly losing to his noble and stupid side.

"We placed this on ourselves. We found them by our own faults. We have the head start in this fight. It's now up to us what to do. We might die in this endeavour, but at least I know in myself that I did something right. What about you guys?" He said, his irrational confidence growing even more so.

Sighing, they tumbled down in the beds. Their heads filled with thoughts of the impossible mission laying in front of them.

"So what are we going to do now?" asked Marie without looking up from the bed.

"Survive." He whispered to the wind. No one replied back, it seems that they already fell asleep.

_______________

Santi woke up, startled from the bad dream. No, his mind said, it was a memory of 2 years past. Slowly rising from the couch, he walked quietly pass the others. They were sleeping soundly. Nic was sleeping with his mouth open on the far corner of the room while Sue was snoring quietly. He tiptoed to the glass sliding door, opening it silently and walking out to the beach.