The Montpellier Reception

// Dominic Castro //

It's been two days since we arrived here in Montpellier. We've devoted our time trying to piece everything up while incognito.

"Gosh..." Lena sighed "If only the Illuminati wasn't looking for us I would've went shopping or something. I love Montpellier."

"Same, same." Marie said.

"Wait, guys, listen up!" I exclaimed "Santi and I thought of something that might at least help us figure something out."

"What is it?" Sue asked.

"Well, I was able to get us an invitation to the Montpellier Reception, a yearly even held in the Parc de Expositions, and there's a particular person we would want to meet there." Santi said

"The Mayor of Montpellier, Julien Saint-Pierre, he was in the list of people the Illuminati want to assassinate, in the Operation Braille folder." I followed. "I also found a guy named Peter Alaray in the same folder. He's the First Deputy Mayor of Montpellier, and he's Illuminati. We're guessing the Illuminati is trying to hold on the ranks slowly, but surely."

"So, Nic's gonna talk to the Mayor and try to befriend him. Hopefully he's the talkative type of guy. We will have specific tasks while we're in the event" Santi said.

"I'm gonna be George Frederic Hale, son of a wealthy American millionaire that made his fortune out of rubber." I said.

"We'll be exchange students from the Philippines who are studying in the University of Montpellier." Santi said.

"It's important that we don't blow our cover to anyone. Right now, the Illuminati are everywhere. Their presence will, of course, be heightened by the fact that the First Deputy Mayor is also present at the event." I expounded

"Sir Yes Sir." Sue said, while saluting Nic mockingly.

"Of course we need fancy clothes in order to blend in. That's where you can help, Lena."

"Yes! Thank God! Finally, some work!" Lena exclaimed

"Marie, Sue, you can help Santi identify the other people who will be in the event while Lena and I find some fancy clothing for us to wear." I said.

"By the way, when is this event?" Marie asked.

"It's later this evening, so make sure you guys prepare. We'll be back." I told them all

// Six Hours Later //

"How do I look?" I asked, flashing towards them my new fancy outfit.

"You look... rich, as if you actually have some fashion sense." Sue said

"Well, thanks, I guess?" I answered.

"I made them look like they're attending the prom, a typical look for teenagers attending fancy events." Lena explained.

"Well, then our disguise is effective." said Santi. "What time do we leave anyway?"

"In about an hour or two, we still need to smoothen things up a bit with the people who are going to attend. So far, about ten people who are attending are part of the Illuminati." Marie answered.

"Well that's a small number; compared to what we've faced back in the days, I'm sure we can handle it." I said

I went to the main lobby of our hotel to see if they have chauffeuring and limousine rental services available. I managed to rent a Rolls-Royce Phantom limo for myself, as well as a special private hotel security motorcade to escort me to the event place. I'm the "son of a millionaire" anyway, and I had to stay on my cover, so I'd rather be on the most ultimate level of my disguise.