Early Christmas and New Puppies

Start from the beginning

"What are you guys doing here?" Kelley asked, hugging Alex.

"We wanted to come see you, see how you guys are." Tobin said.

"We're seeing you the twenty seventh. You couldn't wait a week?" I asked.

"You were in the hospital for a week, we wanted to check up on you." Alex said, hugging me again.

"I'm fine Lex, don't worry." I said, giving her a reassuring smile.

"Em, why are you covered in flour?" Tobin asked.

"Ask Kelley." I said, glaring at her. She smiled, and wrapped her arms around my shoulders.

"We were making cookies." She mumbled against my cheek.

"Cookies?" The both said at the same time. I laughed, and lead them into the kitchen. The four of us began making cookies, laughing and throwing flour at each other. My kitchen was a mess, but I didn't care. I was with my best friends and the love of my life, nothing could be better.

Nothing.

---

Alex and Tobin left a few hours later, as they were on their way to visit the Heath's. So now it was around seven, and I had my first Christmas surprise for Kelley.

"Babe!" I yelled, as I was cleaning up the kitchen. I heard her feet padding against the floor, as her head peeked through the doorway.

"Yah?" She questioned, wiggling her eyebrows at me.

"I have a surprise for you." I said, running towards her. Stopping, I let my socks slide against the wood floor. "Wait in the living room." I said, as I jogged upstairs. Running down the end of the hall, I opened the guest bedroom door.

Running in, I grabbed a box beside the bedside table. I then went and opened the guest bathroom door. Picking up Kelley's surprise, I gently laid it in the box. Slowly walking downstairs, I smiled.

"Ready?" I asked.

"Yup." She said, patting her hands against her knees. Walking up to her, I placed the box on the coffee table. Sitting down beside her, she quirked an eyebrow at me.

"Merry early Christmas." I said, as she slowly reached for the box. As she opened it, I saw her face light up.

"You didn't!" She yelled.

"I did." I said, nodding. A small German Shepard puppy head peeked out of the box, and crawled onto the coffee table. "You always say Nike pays more attention to me, so I figured this little guy could be all for you." I said, as she scratched his ears.

"You're amazing." She said, leaning in to give me a kiss. I smiled, and pecked her lips again.

"What do you want to name him?" I asked.

"Kai." Kelley said, and I smiled.

"I like that." I said. "I wanted to give you him now so we could take him with us to your parents." I said, and she smiled.

"You're so sweet." She said, kissing my cheek.

"So I've been told." I said, as Kai licked my cheek.

"Not fair!" Kelley yelled, and I laughed. "He likes you, that's so not fair." She said, and I smiled. Kissing her cheek, her pout faded.

"Don't worry, he's all yours." I said.

"He better be."

---

The twenty third, Christmas at the O'Hara's. I was so excited. All of Kelley's family would be coming, and then my aunt and sister were coming. A real Christmas, nothing could beat it.