Chapter 5

:) yoo i love you guys for being so patient :))))
i give you a fetus vic 😍😍

----

"Yea," I breathed, I wanted to hug him, I wanted to punch him. "He's my dad,"

"Kellin, I'm here to inform you of some changes,"  he told me. "Your mother just told me she's only got about 3 weeks,"

I stood there for a second, and it took all in me to not pass out.

"What?" I said in a whisper. If I was any louder I'd cry.

"You mother, she has-"

"I know what you fucking said," I growled, earning gasps from Vic and my father. I don't curse as much as the next. "Is there anything else you need?"

"Yeah," he sighed. "She told me, once she passes, she wants you to live with me,"

"But-"

"Hear me out," he stopped me. "I just moved, I'm living a few streets over. So you can still go to the same school,"

"So what about this house?" I asked.

"Well it's paid off, so once it's paid off, it's in your name," he informed me. I was about to ask him about bills but he read my mind and answered for me. "From your mother's will, she's giving everything she owned to you. Plus, all that money is yours. I'll even help, and maybe that boyfriend of yours can help,"

"What happened to you being all homophobic and stuff?" I questioned.

"Oh, I kind of still am," he told me. "But, I gained a little common sense and knew that not everything can go my way. So, I just let it go,"

"Thanks, dad," I smiled and hugged him.

"No problem," he hugged me back then pulled away. "Alright, I've gotta get unpacking. Head by sometime, okay?"

"Got it," I smiled and closed the door as he left.

Vic looked at me with an apologetic look, and that's all it took for my knees to give out so I could land on the ground to cry.

"Kellin," Vic sighed as he came to my side, kneeling down. "I-I, it's gonna be okay-"

"No it won't!" I screamed at him. "She's going to die Vic! What if your mother died, huh? Is it gonna all be okay then?!"

"No," he sounded defeated.

I wanted to tell him sorry, but I was too sad to even apologize. I wanted to sleep, but I didn't want to get up. So Vic carried me up to my room. My face was hidden in his shirt, and his scent calmed me a bit to where the sobbing went to sniffling.

He walked into my room and I gripped his shirt. He gave me a questioning look.

"Don't leave me alone like this, Vic," I whispered. "My mind might wander to the badlands,"

He didn't say anything, but he just nodded and climbed in. My grip in his shirt never faltered, I began to crave his scent. It gave me so much comfort.

"I-I," I said. "I like this cologne you use,"

"Thanks," he chuckled.

When I mentioned earlier to Vic on how my mind would wander to the badlands, I thought it would be about my mom. But as my mind began to wander off, I began to think about our relationship. As I can recall, Vic told me he'd never fall in love.