chapter 3

im glad you guys are taking a liking to this fucked up story :)

---

I woke up next to my momma and sighed.

"I have cancer. I'm not gonna live long,"

"Momma," I tapped her.

"Mm?" She mumbled.

"Nothing," I sighed and scooted closer to her.

She wrapped her arm around me and kissed my forehead. It still devastated me her situation, it also kind of angered me a little that she just told me last week.

I've been sleeping in her room with her, because after she told me the bad news, I've been having this paranoia that she'd die in her sleep of something. I wanted to be there for her last months, weeks, days, even.

I'm just not ready to lose her yet, or ever. In some way, I sound selfish. I don't want God to take her, she's mine.

-•-

"Kellin!" I heard someone call, I recognize that voice because every time I walk down this hall he's the first one calling for me. I thought I could get away with this, I was on my way to the bus ramp. I always ignore him, but this time I just stopped in my tracks and sighed.

"What Vic?" I sounded more annoyed than I wanted to.

"Why... why are you ignoring me?" He asked. I just shrugged. "What did I do?"

"First of all, you consensually raped me," I don't know how that made sense, but I was sticking to it. "And you're kind of a jerk, a nice one,"

"First of all," he mocked me. "You gave me complete permission AND you never told me to stop! I'm not even rude to you, that's fucking Jaime!"

"What do you want," I mumbled.

"To wonder why you're totally ignoring my existence," he said. "Everyone for that matter,"

"I'm going through some shit, okay?" I told him.

"Fine," he sighed. "Can I at least drive you home, buses are gone,"

"I'd rather walk," I countered, but after realizing it'll be like a 5 mile walk, I changed my mind. "But okay,"

He nodded over toward the parking lot and walked off with me following behind him like a puppy dog. He unlocked the car and we got in. I put my bag on my lap and buckled up before pulling out my phone so I had something to look at besides Vic or outside.

"What are you playing?" He asked me.

"I'm reading, on Wattpad," I told him as I swiped to the next page.

"Whatcha reading? Gay books?" He chuckled. I shook my head.

"No," I simply told him. "Stop talking, I like this book,"

I heard him mumble an okay. This book wasn't even gay, it actually contained a book about a girl who used to have a boyfriend. They broke up because the boyfriends mother got into a terrible car crash and the boyfriend thought it was the girlfriend's fault. Both of their families were really close, so it kind of made things complicating.

(A/N: btw if that book sounds interesting to you, it's called Forever & Always His by RiceLover IT IS GR8. but it has heterosexuality & i doubt you're here for that)