Chapter 1: The Night in Gravity Falls

Mabel lay awake in her bed as her brother, Dipper, softly snored. It was an unusually eerie night. But that was normal in Gravity Falls, Oregon. She tossed and turned, but just couldn't fall asleep knowing she hurt her brother. She glanced over at his cast on his newly broken wrist.

It happened earlier that morning, when she decided it was a brilliant idea to take Dipper on a surprise mystery hunt, for old times sake. Of course, she picked the coolest looking monster she could find in her Great Uncle Ford's journal.

Of course, when they arrived at it's cove, it turned out to be a little too cool. The strange 8-legged beast lunged at Mabel and, instinctively, Dipper pushed her out of the way, landing on his hand in the process. She pulled him up and they ran back to the shack with Dipper's swollen hand. Mabel, rethinking this over and over, turned away from her brother. She closed her eyes and slowly, but eventually, fell asleep.

She had a strange dream that night. Usually, her visions were colorful and bursting with life, but tonight everything was gray. She curiously looked around for any sign of fun.

"Waffle people? Dancing cookies? Glittery cats? Why isn't there anything cool here...?" She asked herself as she stared at the darkness.
"Don't you think I'm cool, Shooting Star?" A familiar voice called.

Mabel gasped. She knew that voice from anywhere...! A warm, glowing shadow of yellow draped around her. She looked up, and sure enough, there was Bill Cipher, the evil, one-eyed triangle that had been terrorizing her and Dipper all summer.

"Hey there! Didja miss me? We haven't really been able to chat since our last little... Incident." He said in his distorted voice.

"I don't want you here! Get out of my head you evil flying corn chip!" She stuttered back at him.

"Relax, kid. I'm just checking up on you." He replied.

"Well I'm perfectly fine!" She snapped.

"You wouldn't be sleeping if it weren't for me...!" He called out.

"H-How did you...?" She said, confused.

"Never mind that." He interrupted. "Now about your brother..."

"I'm not gonna make a deal with you, so you might as well LEAVE." She huffed and crossed her arms.

"C'mon kid! Just hear out my demands." He tried to reason.

"After you took over my Grunkle's mind? After you possessed my brother? What could you possibly want from me now?!" She scoffed.

"I'm just concerned about... Well... You!" He said, circling around her. "Your world is about to be in some serious trouble."

"What do you mean...?" She replied in a cautious voice.

"I can't get into too much detail, but let's just say it's gonna be a real party!" He mocked.

"H-How do I stop what's coming?" She stammered in a concerned voice.

"Well... You could get me a little something from your Great Un-"

"No! You aren't gonna use me again!" She shouted at him mid sentence.

"Fine." He scoffed. "But heed this warning-

Enjoy the calm before the storm,
Soon abnormal will be the norm.
I've had fun corrupting lives,
Now let's see which Pines survives."

Mabel jolted awake.

"Hey Mabel." Dipper said, smiling over at her.