Dementia

Katie - What? What's frontal temporal dementia.

Nurse - It's a brain disorder causing areas of the brain to shrink, causing aide effects like nightmares and panic attacks. I'm so sorry ma'am.

Katie - Is it... Lethal?

Nurse - In some cases, yes people have died. But only in severe cases. Mazzy has a very minor case of it, and at this rate it shouldn't spread any more if you use the right medication. I'll prescribe some pills and she should be fine.

Katie - Oh my gosh. Is it like cancer?

Nurse - No no not al all! It not nearly close. However, if you don't take the medication it could spread to different areas of the brain and cause tumors.

Back in the MRI
Mazzy POV
I just can't wait to get out of here. Then I bright light comes and I see a doctor standing over me.

Doctor Oliver - Hey! Welcome back. Come with me.

He smiled and lured me over to the backroom. That's when i get the news. What is dementia? Brain shrinking? Panic attacks? This is all just too much. We drive home to tell the whole family the news.

Katie - Kids, I have something to tell you. Mazzy has frontal temporal dementia.

Caleb - what? What's that?

Hayley - Oh no! Is it cancer?

Annie - Is she gonna die?

Katie - No no! She is just fine. It's not cancer and she's not gonna die, it's just where your brain shrinks. But when she takes her medicine, she'll be better in no time!

Caleb - Are you sure?

Katie - Sont worry guys, Mazzy will be fine.

Mazzy - Yeah, I'll be... I'll beeee.... The... And you have... But quite good... Uh.

Then everything goes black.

I wake up in a hospital bed. What's going on! Doctors are surrounded by me saying no things like "she's awake! Give her the sedative!" They inject me with a needle and I wake up.
Mazzy - What's going on?

I see my whole family crying in the seats.

Doctor Oliver - Honey, we need to do another MRI.

After another painful yet okay MRI, I check back into the backroom and there is an X-ray with my name on it. It's of my brain, and there's red spots everywhere.

Nurse - Honey I'm sorry, you have stage 4 brain cancer.