Before the Orphanage

A/N Mazzy ^

Mazzy POV
My name is Mazzy Greenwich. I'm 13 years old. My parents are in Miami for a business trip, so I'm home alone.
I was sitting in the couch when I got a call from the police.

Police - Hello? Is this Mazzy?
Mazzy - Yeah... What's wrong?
Police - I'm afraid... Your parents got into a horrible plane crash... And they're dead.
Mazzy - What??!?!?! Are you kidding me!! Your joking!!
Police - I wish I was... Turn on channel 5 to see. A social worker will be coming to pick you up in few. I'm sorry.

Then he hung up. I begin to weep and bawl. Then I pick up the remote and turn on channel 5.

Reporter - I'm here at the Maryland County Airport where the plane from Miami just crash landed. 8 people survived with major injuries, but 52 people did not survive the landing. Thanks for tuning in this is Illana Wiles with Channel 5 News.

Just then I hear the doorbell ring. I wipe my tears and walk to the door. It's the social worker.
Maryann - Hi! I'm Maryann, your social worker! I'm sorry to say your going to be coming with me to the foster home.
Mazzy - R-Right now?
Maryann - Yup! Go pack a bag sweetie.

I walk upstairs to my room and grab my purple dance bag. I fill it with outfits and underwear. I also pack my stuffed bunny that I've had since I was 2. Then I grab a box of tissues, because it will be a long night. I walk back downstairs and out in my white vans. Then I grab my coat and walk into the car with Maryann.
After what seemed like hours- was only 15 minutes- we arrive at the foster home. I walk in to find children of all ages running around with balloons, hats, and toys.
Maryann- Sorry it's a mess, it's the Christmas party.
Just then I see a little girl with long brown hair, and crystal blue eyes who looks around 11.
Avery - Hi! I'm Avery, your new right?
Mazzy - Yeah...
Avery - Welcome to the foster home! Don't worry about it being like the orphanage in Annie, everyone's super nice here! Well... Except for Jaeleen, she's the mean girl around here.
Mazzy - Haha... I start to tear up.
Avery - Um... Come with me to your room. Then we can talk.

I follow Avery down a hallway into a room with light blue wallpaper, a gray bunk bed, and some dressers.
Avery - Welcome! I'm your roommate! So, why are you here?
Mazzy - Well... My parents were in a plane crash... -sniffle- sorry.
Avery - Don't be! My parents died because uhh... They were meth addicts.
Mazzy - I'm so sorry.
Avery - It's ok. So wanna join the party? There's cake...
Mazzy - I think I'll just chill here for the night.
Avery - Ok, well if you need anything don't be afraid to ask me!

Avery leaves and I start to unpack my things. I hang up some posters to make it feel more like home. Then I lay on the bottom bunk and plug in the phone. Why is life so awful? Then I think of one family who's lives are so awesome. Bratayley. I go to YouTube and watch their newest vlog. I would do anything to be a part of their family. I watch the vlog until I fall asleep. Then I hear something.
Avery - Sorry! Didn't mean to wake you! Watcha watchin'? Bratayley?!?!?! I love them!!!
Mazzy - Me too!! I would do anything to meet them!
Me and Avery talk for hours about Bratayley. Then I look at the time and it's 2 am!! We both talk until we fall asleep. Maybe orphanage life isn't so bad after all...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So how was the first chapter?!?! Leave a comment below about how you liked it! Thanks!