Epiloge

"She was an angel...she really was. I wish I could say that enough but I can't." I look around at the people infront of me as my eyes are filling with tears yet again. I have cried so many times over the past week. "I loved her...I just wish that I had the courage to tell her that before. I don't know if it would have changed anything though. She told me that her last week was so that she could have fun before getting married. I wish I had known it was so that she could have fun before she died. I would have shown her as many reasons to live as I could."

The tears and spilling down my cheeks and I see her family in the front row. I want to go and break her brother's nose for being a jerk to her. I want to slap her parents for arranging a marriage for her. She was only 17. Noone that young should go through that. I want to blame them all for her suicide, but I can't.

"I wish that I knew for sure the reason for her death...but I don't. I fully blame myself for not knowing. I just wish I could go back and make the difference to her. She was my reason why. She was my reason to keep fighting to live life to the full. She reminded me how to live. And I think that that is amazing, that she would spend her last week helping someone else instead of herself. She was scared of becoming selfish, yet she was the most selfless among us. And we shall miss her..."

I step off the stage and go to sit with my mom and dad as Soo-Ah's father is stepping onto the stage to say a few things about his dead daughter. I still can't believe she is gone. I was really not expecting this.

I pull the picture I took of her out of my pocket and tears keep running down my face. I wish I had taken more pictures. But pictures can't even compare to the real thing.

I'm not afraid now to admit that I love her. And I always will. I will try to move on with my life, because I know that she would want me to, but I know it won't be easy. I will always remember the day she asked me for a favor. It began the best week of my life. But even though it was a great week, it still ended horribly.

I can't get the image of her broken body out of my mind. And the guilt is holding me captive. Why can't all stories have happy endings? My future just seems like a black, empty space again, but as I sit here and think something strikes me hard. Was Soo-Ah trying to show me that even though my future seems dark, it will slowly come to light, and when it does, it will be beautiful? Maybe I'm reading between the lines too much, but I like to think that that is what she is trying to show me from beyond the grave.

"Soo-Ah..." I whisper. "I will live a life you would be proud of...I won't be afraid to have fun...I won't be afraid to be who I am...I won't be afraid to try new things and show what I am capable of...I will no longer be afraid of my future. And I know that you're not with me here in the flesh...but I believe that your spirit will always be here with me...I love you Park Soo-Ah...I love you..."