Day Three

Circus For A Psycho

"SOO-AH!!!! WOULD IT KILL YOU TO STOP???"

"SHE IS CHEATING ON YOU!!!! WHY WON'T YOU BELIEVE ME????"

"BECAUSE YOU HATE HER!!! YOU'RE OBVIOUSLY LYING!!!!"

Yungsun slowly woke up, the screaming voices pulling him from his lulled state. He looked around, confused as to why he was on a beach alone.

"SHE IS A SLUT!!! JUST LIKE HER MOTHER!!!!"

"YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW HER MOTHER!!!"

Suddenly, the familiar voices reminded Yungsun why he was there. He looked around, wondering where the voices were coming from. He slowly stood up and stretched his aching joints and began walking up the stone steps.

"YES I DO EUGENE!!!! OUR FATHER FUCKS HER MOTHER REGULARLY!!! DIDN'T YOU EVER WONDER WHY MOM AND DAD SEEM TO HATE EACHOTHER NOW??? WELL THAT'S WHY!!!"

SLAP!!!

Yungsun stood there, paused mid-step and stunned. He blinked, hoping he hadn't really just seen what he thought he saw. Soo-Ah now sat on the ground, holding her cheek as tears gathered in her eyes. Eugene stood above her, eyes flaming in rage.

"Don't you dare ever speak of our father that way again, do you understand?" he demanded more than asked through clenched teeth. The girl quickly nodded and whimpered slightly. Eugene smirked and spit at her feet and muttered, "Disgrace," before walking back into the hotel.

Yungsun wished later that he could say that he was the hero. That he swooped in that day and saved Soo-Ah. He wished that he had gone after her brother and beat him up, or at least went and held her as she shed her tears, but he didn't. Instead, he turned around and walked away. He went to the ocean and just stood there, watching the waves roll.

The night before, the waves had seemed fun and welcoming. How different it felt that morning. The cold waters remind him of the pain and betrayal he had seen in Soo-Ah's eyes, and yet, something kept bugging him. It was like she had felt that pain before, but Yungsun couldn't quite place his finger on what made him think that.

"HEY YUNGSUN!!!!" He looked up at the sound of the cheerful voice and forced a smile as Soo-Ah ran down the steps to him. She wrapped her arms around him in a forceful hug and giggled when he stumbled back. "Did you sleep alright?"

"Yeah, I guess so. Did you?"

"My back hurts a little from the stone steps, but otherwise I'm good. I had fun last night."

"Me too. Did you eat yet?"

"Yeah, and I saved you a muffin." She retrieved the pastry from her hoodie pocket and handed it to the boy who ate it happily. "I hope you like banana nut. Anyways, I've got a wonderful thing planned for today!"

"Oh? And what is that?" he asked, his mouth full of food.

"There's gonna beeeeee.....A CIRCUS!!!!"

"A circus?"

"Yeah! Wait, don't tell me...you don't know what a circus is, do you?" Yungsun shook his head. "Oh my gosh! I have so much to teach you and so little time! COME ON!!!" Soo-Ah grabbed him by the wrist and dragged him into the hotel. "But first, we shall watch Tangled!"

Later That Evening...

"This is a circus," Soo-Ah announced, gesturing around her at the cotton candy stall and the various rides. "This is what we came here for."

Yungsun looked around with wide eyes, amazed and also disturbed. "That ride makes me wanna puke just looking at it," he said, pointing to a giant disk that was spinning passengers around in rapid circles.