Day Four

Sweet Rewards

"He left....without us?"

"It would appear that way..."

"But why would he just abandon us here?! How are we gonna get home?!"

"Relax, this is an opportunity."

Yungsun looked at Soo-Ah like she was insane. "Are you crazy?!?! What kind of opportunity is this? An opportunity to die, alone, cold, and hungry? In some unfamiliar place?!?!?"

Soo-Ah laughed and grabbed his hands. "No silly. An opportunity to get out and really enjoy ourselves!"

It was some point after midnight and the two had walked back to the hotel, only to discover that Ja-in and Eugene had gone home, leaving the teenagers stranded on Jeju. Yungsun had immediately panicked whereas, Soo-Ah, was thrilled, as usual. Yungsun was really starting to think that she belonged in a mental institution. "I'm not feeling the joy here," he grumbled, obviously upset.

"Then let's go somewhere else! I know an ahjumma who lives near here that will for sure give us a place to stay until we can catch a flight back to the mainland."

"How close is near here, because I'm exhausted."

Soo-Ah started dragging him down the dark and deserted road into the forest. "Only about three miles."

"THREE?!?!?!?"

Later That Morning...

Yungsun jumped at the sound of the gong, drawing him out of his deep sleep. "AHHHHHHHHH!!!" He scrambled around in his sheets for a moment, still frightened by the gong, before realizing where he was and slowly relaxing. A few seconds later, he heard light laughter outside of his room. He could recognize that giggle anywhere now. "Soo-Ahhhhhh," he whined. "Stop laughing at meeeee!"

"Oh shush! Hurry up and get dressed! We have to feed the chickens before we get any breakfast!"

Yungsun hurried to get dressed in the very traditional clothes at the ahjumma had given him last night. The old woman that Soo-Ah knew lived in a traditional korean colony, and so she wouldn't let children wearing modern clothes into her very traditional house. Yungsun thought Soo-Ah was kidding when she said the ahjumma was very old school. Now, he believed her. He was actually worried that he might never see his clothes again and that the old woman may have burned them.

He finished getting dressed and joined Soo-Ah in the courtyard where she was tossing feed to the chickens. "Psst! Soo-Ah! When's the next flight to Seoul?"

Soo-Ah chuckled and smirked at him. "Why? Don't like your new garb?"

"Well....not exactly. It isn't the most comfortable. I don't want to wear it longer than I have to."

"Really? I think it's very comfortable." She twirled and smiled at him. He just blushed. "Besides, it's nice and cool, perfect for the warmer weather we're experiancing right now."

"Well, at least it flatters you."

Now it was Soo-Ah's turn to blush. "Oh shush! To answer your question though, the next flight is at 8 o' clock this evening."

"Aiiiiish! That long?"

"Calm down! We'll have fun here!"

"How is feeding chickens fun?"

"It's peaceful."

"And disgusting."

"Get over it you big baby."

"AYE YAH!!!" The ahjumma scurried over to them, waving her walking stick in the air. "YOU LOVE BIRDS STOP FLIRTING AND GET TO WORK, YOU HEAR ME???"

Soo-Ah grabbed Yungsun by the hair and tugged hard, making him bend over in pain. "Yah! Did you hear her? Stop messing around! Aish, jinja? You really are a troublemaker boy!"

Ahjumma laughed and slapped Yungsun's leg with her stick. "I'm guessing he doesn't like it here much? Well, he'll get used to it. Breakfast is ready, so hurry up." She scurried away again and Soo-Ah let go of Yungsun's hair.

Soo-Ah giggled and pat his shoulder as he rubbed his sore head. "Hurry boy, hurry!"

"Gosh! Are you two related or something?"

"Maybe?" She smirked and winked at Yungsun before continuing her work with the chickens.

Later That Afternoon...

"You know, I was a young one once, just like you two. And I had a boy I liked to play around with. But he turned out to like guys instead so...that never really worked out."

Yungsun blinked and slowly swallowed the lump of rice in his throat, wondering what the ahjumma was really trying to say.

"Wow, that must have been difficult for you," Soo-Ah sighed, eating her own rice.

They were sitting on a grassy hill, watching the blue ocean below as the breeze fluttered through the leaves above. The trees' shadows were dancing along the surface of the grass, creating an almost magical feel. Yungsun felt like if he looked hard enough, he might spot a fairy face amongst the tulips. Everything just felt all too surreal.

"Aye, yes it was difficult. I gave my heart to that boy. All my emotions. And he never once noticed."

"Are you saying that Yungsun might like boys?"

"WHAT?!?!?!" the boy exclaimed, nearly spitting out his rice.

"You should really change that if you do," ahjumma said, shaking her head gravely. "Our society is not so gracious to people of that sort."

"I don't like boys!"

"But does your heart?"

"What?"

"Your head may say no but the heart desires what the heart wants."

Yungsun looked for Soo-Ah for help but she just shook her head and looked away. "Ahjumma! I really don't like boys!"

"Oh really? Cause you act like a submissive one..."

"I'm just quiet and shy!"

"The first signs of a sub!"

"I DO NOT LIKE BOYS!!!!"

"Prove it then." The old woman smirked and crossed her arms, thinking she had trapped Yungsun into confessing. But he would not be deterred that easily. He grabbed Soo-Ah's wrist tightly and in a few seconds, managed to pull her close to him and crash his lips against hers. "Oh my!" Ahjumma gasped before covering her eyes with her sleeve.

Soo-Ah's eyes were wide with shock and neither her, nor Yungsun's, lips moved. Yungsun pulled away and his face was bright red as he stood up and ran back inside. "A-ahjumma...D-did he just...k-kiss?"

"Yes child...he did..."

Later That Evening...

Yungsun couldn't look at her. He was way too embaressed. He didn't even know why he did that! And now, he was certain that their friendship was ruined.

Soo-Ah couldn't look at him either. Her face would turn a bright pink each time she even glanced in his direction. As they boarded the plane, she was shocked at herself for being speechless for once, and for so long. To be honest, she kinda enjoyed the simple kiss. It wasn't her first kiss. She had experianced many before it. But this one was the most awkward and the most comical. But for some reason, that's why she liked it more than the rest.

They sat down next to eachother in the plane and an unsettling silence fell between them until Soo-Ah finally cleared her throat. "Sh-should I get some barf bags for you?"

Yungsun chuckled awkwardly before bursting out laughing. "Yeah, that might be a good idea."

"Oh, and just so you know...I think you need more experiance with kissing." She giggled and ran off to find some trashbags, leaving Yungsun bright and warm in the face.

Can I Ask You A Favor? (COMPLETED)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara