The Truth

*Bella's POV*

It had been 6 months since I was diagnosed with cancer, and as much as Kimberly, Reid, and Neil tried to assure me otherwise, I knew that it wouldn't be much longer.

The pain got worse, and I whimpered as Kimberly squeezed my hand again.

I could hear Reid and Neil talking to the nurse in low voices.

I could distinctly hear her say "I'm sorry, but it won't be long now. I think she only has a few hours left."

Kimberly, Reid and Neil didn't bother to hide their tears anymore, and I looked at them and asked in almost a whisper.

"Kimberly? Stay with me?"

"Always baby girl!"

She said through her tears, and she carefully slid next to me, and held my shaking body.

As black danced across my vision, I thought about what had all happened.

I started the chemo a few weeks after being diagnosed, but it just made it worse.

The hardest part was seeing the hope slowly fade from Kimberly, Reid and Neil's eyes.

I had been in and out of the hospital for treatments, but lately it just got worse. Finally was stuck in a hospital for a month straight, but I couldn't take seeing the same white walls, and sad Perry eyes everyday.

So finally a week ago, I rolled over in my small, hospital bed, to find Kimberly sitting in the chair next to my bed. Neil was out getting lunch, and Reid was sprawled out on the floor, fast asleep.

"Kimberly..."

She looked up from the book she was reading, and her eyes were red and puffy. She had been crying.

I started crying, and she shot up, and carefully slid in next to me, and pulled me into an awkward half hug.

"What's wrong baby girl?"

"I don't want to leave you!"

That was when Kimberly lost it, and she started crying with me.

"I don't want you to leave either Baby girl."

As Kimberly sat there hugging me, I finally came to a decision.

"Kimberly, Can I show you something?"

She wiped her eyes, and said "Of course Baby Girl. Anything."

I grabbed the piece of paper that I'd been working on, and handed it to her.

It was the wish list of what I wanted to do before I died.

Kimberly read it over, and soon Neil walked in.

They roused Reid, and Kimberly read the list I had used all the energy I could muster to write.

1. Go on a date with Dylan

2. Go to Disney World

3. Go to an awards show

4. Meet Taylor Swift

5. Sing with Kimberly, Reid and Neil at a show

6. Be famous

I added number 6 to make them smile, and I was rewarded with a smile from Kimberly that didn't touch her eyes.

"I don't want to be in here anymore." I whined.

Kimberly nodded, and conferred with Reid and Neil.

Soon after Kimberly and Reid left the room, and Neil stayed behind and tried to make me smile by doing his best impressions.

Soon a somber Kimberly and Reid returned with a horde of nurses.