Unexpected Changes

*Bella's POV*

I was walking all alone through a pitch dark forest, and I could hear Mom and Dad screaming my name. No matter how fast I ran, or how loud I screamed, I couldn't reach them.

Then a voice brought me closer to the brink of consciousness.

"Bella. It's okay, you're safe Baby Girl."

The voice definitely belonged to Kimberly. That's weird.

The forest slowly faded, and all I could see was a bright white light that overloaded all of my senses.

I felt a hand squeeze mine, and a voice that sounded suspiciously like Reid's beg "Please wake up Bella. Please."

I tried to fight the bright light and open my eyes. But it was like there was some heavy curtain I couldn't break through.

I started beating my fists against the bright light, desperately trying to open my eyes.

Just when I was about to give up, I felt my fist connect, and suddenly there was a hole in the bright light.

I began tearing at it, and finally it was gone.

It was then that I could feel that someone was squeezing my hand, and my arm felt damp. Almost like someone was crying.

"Please just squeeze my hand, or open your eyes Baby Girl. I know you're there."

I tried to move my fingers, and I was surprised at the effort that it took.

Finally I felt my hand weakly tighten around whoever was holding it, and I heard them gasp.

"Bella, Bella! Please open your eyes sweetie!"

I heard a new voice plead. It sounded almost like... No it couldn't be Neil. Why would they be here?!

I fought to open my eyes, and as I felt my eyelids flutter, I heard someone scream "Reid! Go get the doctors! She's waking up!"

I heard a scuffle as someone quickly retreated, screaming for the doctors to come in.

Doctors?! Where was I?!

That's when it all came flooding back.

My birthday, the surprise, meeting The Band Perry, the concert, and finally the squeal of locked breaks, and headlights rapidly approaching our car. I vaguely remember Kimberly, Reid, and Neil begging to stay awake.

My eyes shot open, and I expected to find myself in the wreckage. I was disoriented to find myself in a bright white room, with an incessant beeping noise.

I whipped my head around, trying to take in my surroundings. There were machines lining the bed, with tubes snaking around, back to me.

I felt a pulling in my right hand, and found some tubes, and a needle taped there.

I instinctively grabbed to pull them out, when a hand caught mine.

"Oh no you don't!"

I whipped my head around, and saw none other than Kimberly Perry standing there, giving me a half panicked, half stern look.

Woah. What the heck is going on?!

"Where am I?!"

Kimberly sighed, and absent-mindedly swiped at her face with her hand. I could've sworn that it looked like she had been crying.

As I looked closer, it looked like she hadn't slept all night. She looked scared, and sad.

"You're in the hospital Bella. You were in an accident."