Gonna Be Okay

*Bella's POV*

I watched as Kimberly, Reid and Neil helped me pack up my room.

It was so weird to be here. I kept expecting Mom to pop her head in, asking if I wanted cookies, or Dad to barge in especially to tease me. But I kept having to remind myself that wasn't possible.

I tried to hold back my tears, and Neil must have noticed, because he started doing impressions of cartoon characters.

I couldn't help but smile through my tears and Reid smiled at me.

"So I'm guessing you like pink?"

I laughed and Kimberly answered for me.

"Of course she does Reid! She's a little girl! Duh!"

I just rolled my eyes, and that made Kimberly laugh.

Finally the room seemed bare, and Kimberly said "All done!"

We all gathered the boxes, but they refused to let me help carry them.

"We got it Bella! It's fine!" Reid said with a smile.

I nodded, and started to follow them in my wheelchair. I still wasn't completely used to steering this contraption.

Once we got to the living room, and passed the door, I stopped dead. They kept going, not noticing.

I slowly rolled myself toward the closed door, and hesitantly pushed it open.

The closet door was still open, but it was now bare, all of the clothes donated.

An old shirt of my Dad's laid discarded on the floor.

I stopped, and put great effort into bending over as much as I could, and grabbed it. After a huge effort, and some pain, I succeeded.

I slowly wheeled myself toward the bed with it's faded patchwork quilt that Mom helped me make at Girl's Scout camp. It was one of the only things that remained in the room besides the bedside table. I ran my hands through it, remembering how much fun we had making it together.

I looked to the bedside table to find a framed picture of them both laughing as they swung an exhilarated 9 year old me in the air between them.

I felt the tears stream down my face as I reached out with a trembling hand, and hesitantly grabbed the heavy black frame.

I then clutched it, along with the shirt, to my chest, and cried, treasuring the only pieces I had left of them.

*Kimberly's POV*

"That's all of them!" I said

We finally finished shoving the boxes of Bella's stuff in the back of Reid's car.

It took a lot of convincing our parents, and management, but in the end, we all agreed that Bella needed us.

After long negotiations with her protective social worker, she agreed that we could adopt her if she went on tour with us, and we equipped our bus with her needs, and that we had a doctor who would visit 4 times a week to check up on her, and help with her therapy.

We already had a ramp installed in our house in Greenville, and made renovations to make it easier for her to get around.

We were also getting the tour bus back today, with it's brand new, easily accessible bunk, wheelchair ramp, and just altogether more wheelchair accessible renovations.

"That must have been hard for her." Reid muttered.

I nodded, I was really concerned about bringing her along, but she insisted on coming with us.