"Jenna?" I stiffened when I heard Moretti's soft voice from the background. "Who are you talking to."

     I opened my mouth to tell her not to tell him but too late. She already said "Nick."

     "Nicky?" Moretti's voice croaked. "Why is he calling you? Nevermind. Can I talk to him?"

     Aw shit.

     "Don't give him the phone-" I started to say but again, too late.

     "Nicky?"

     "Uh, hey, Moretti."

    I heard him sniff. "Hi, Nicky."

    I cleared my throat. "So, uh...how are you?"

     "Okay..."

     I smacked my forehead. 'How are you'? Geez, why'd I have to ask him that. Of course he wasn't okay.

     "Moretti..."

     "Hunter doesn't want me anymore," he whispered hoarsely. "He hates me now."

     I flinched. "Aw, Moretti, don't say that. He's an asshole but I'm positive that he loves you." If I hadn't been aware of that fact I would have never given him up...

     "No," Moretti sniffed again, "this time I think I really blew it. He acted like I didn't even matter anymore. He as a girl now."

     "Maybe it's a misunderstanding."

      "She had her arms wrapped around his and he didn't even seem to mind," he told me, voice cracking.

      "Moretti..."

      "And," he sobbed, "I called him to apologize but he...he..."

      Crying. Damn it! Hunter had done this. That bastard made Gio cry as if the world was ending. I was holding onto my cell phone so hard I'm surprise that it didn't crack. Hunter was seriously pissing me off.

      "What did he do, Moretti? Moretti?"

      "Sorry," Jenna came back on the line, "but he's too busy crying himself to death now."

      "What the fuck did that bastard say to him on the phone?"

      "Nothing."

     "What?"

     "Nothing, Nick," Jenna repeated. "Gio said he had hung up-"

     "Moretti was apologizing and that fucker hung up on him?" I shot out the bed, pacing and running a frustrated hand through my hair. Seriously, he did something like that....

      "I don't know what's going on anymore," Jenna sighed. "I just wish these two butt-heads would make up already. Wait hold on...Gio! Don't blow your nose on the blankets, that's disgusting!"

      I heard a bed matress squeaking and doors opening before Jenna came back on the phone. "Here," I heard her say, "blow your nose on some tissue. Hello?"

      "Yeah, I'm here."

      "I don't know what the hell came over Hunter," she hissed, "but he's going to fix this."

     "Damn right he is," I growled. "And I'm going to make him...right now."

     "Oh no...Nick don't-"

     "Talk to you later." I disconnected the call before she could say anything to stop me.

     I'd be damned if I was going to let Hunter get away with this. I didn't give Moretti up only to find out that Hunter was too much of an asshole to forgive him. Yeah Moretti was prone to do some stupid things but he had apologized and Hunter responds by hanging up on his face?