Chapter~13~

(Giovannie's POV)

Judging by the calm acceptance in his eyes I knew that Hunter saw my punch coming yet he made no move to avoid it. My fist connected solidly against his jaw with a satisfying crack. Did I break a bone? Good, this bastard deserved it!

      "Gio!" Jenna cried, coming between us before I could make another attempt to punch his sorry ass again. "Stop that!"

      "Get out my way, Genevieve," I hissed, using her full name. "I'm going to beat him to a bloody pulp."

      Jenna lifted up her chin defiantly, standing firmly in front of Hunter. "And if I don't? Are you going to punch me too?"

      I glared at her.

      "Jenna," Hunter calm voice came from behind her, "move. Please."

      Jenna swirled to face him, hands on her hips. "And what, let you two duke it out here and now? I don't think so. You two seriously need to talk this out instead of...ah! Gio! What the hell are you doing!"

      I flung my sister over my shoulder, ignoring her outraged protest and sputtering as I marched out the house, into the front lawn and dumped her butt on the grass. She gapped up at me as I turned right back around towards the house to finish what I had started. My fist itched to hit Hunter again.

     "Giovannie!" I heard Jenna scream behind me. I slammed the door shut and locked the door before she could make it. "Gio!" She banged on the door, "Gio you idiot! Let me in! Gio!"

      "Now," I said as I faced Hunter, ignoring Jenna's stream of curses, "where were we?"

      Hunter rubbed his jaw, eyes never leaving mine. "You got better at throwing punches."

      "Thanks, now come closer so I can do it again you lying bastard."

      "I never lied to you."

      "Fucker, you decieved me! In my book that's lying!"

      He didn't reply. He just stood there, watching me.

      "Well?" I snapped, "are you going to say something?"

      "What do you want me to say?"

      It was irrational but instead of answering I let my fist do the talking for me, sending it flying to his face again but this time Hunter wasn't so willing to be my punching bag. Before my fist could connect again he caught it with one hand, grabbed my arm with the other and skillfully forced me to turn around in one fluid motion. My back hit the wall, chattering my teeth.

      "One hit," he said cooly, "is all I'm letting you get."

      "Asshole," I spat, "I'll hit you as many times as I want you no good, lying, two-faced, son of a-" his lips crushed against mine to silence me but I wasn't having it. This time, my anger was enough fuel to resist him. I shoved him away and swung my fist. I smiled gleefully when it connected to his face, cutting the corner of his bottom lip.

      Hunter wiped his mouth, tongue flickering to the wound. "Do you know how horrible I felt?" I told him, "of course you did! I bet you were laughing at me the whole time. Poor litttle stupid Gio, he's so dumb to not see that he's being jerked around by the balls."

      "I never laughed at you."

      "Right," I snorted. "It must have been fun watching me die with guilt like that. Wanting you the way I did even though I knew very well that you were Jenna's boyfriend. But wait! You never were, now were you? You tricked me!"