Chapter~29~

Cookie: *crying*

Pic is of Hunter

Youtube song "Edge of Glory" by Lady Gaga....*cries*

I didn't get a chance to finish editing...but I will as I re-read along after publishing.

---

(Nick's POV)

 I stared up at my ceiling fan, watching the way it rotated with steady speed.

      I've been staring at that dang fan for over thirty minutes now, glancing at the clock on my dresser every 60 seconds hoping that it would read 8 p.m. It's sort of become a ritual. Come home from soccer practice, do some lame homework then wait until 8 p.m hits just to call Jenna Moretti about her twin brother, Gio.

      Damn, I sighed, sitting up and grabbing my cell phone. I stared at the time on the screen. 7:58 p.m. Man I'm pathetic. I had decided to let Moretti go, even go as far as keeping a distance from him in school so that he wouldn't be confused anymore but what the heck am I doing keeping tabs on him through his sister?

      I tapped the back of my head against the bed board, cursing myself for being so damn pathetic for mooning over someone who was already in love with someone else. That and for being sneaky and basically becoming some kind of perv for keeping track of his life outside of school through Jenna who didn't seem to mind but still..man I've reached a new low.

      I glanced at the clock. 8:00 p.m.

      I stared at my cell, debating whether I should call today or not. Heck, I've been calling Jenna for Giovannie reports every day now since a week ago but...I hesitated. Maybe it's time to stop. Time to let go and...aw hell. I dialed Jenna's number. Who am I kidding? Since seeing Moretti's face today I've been worried about him. Poor guy seemed to be in a lot of pain and I'm pretty sure I knew who to blame. Still...I wanted to confirm it. Yeah...that's right. I'm calling cause I'm worried...

      "Hello?" Jenna answered in four rings, voice unusually quiet.

     I cleared my throat. "Hey, Jen, It's uh...Nick." I winched. "Again."

     "Hey, Nick," she whispered through the other line, "I had a feeling you'd call."

      I felt a blush creeping from my neck to my face. "Uh...yeah, sorry. Is this a bad time?"

      "Um," she sounded hesitant for a second, "no but..."

      I sat up straighter. "What's wrong? Is it Moretti? Is he okay?"

      Jenna sighed. "Well...no. He went to finally talk to Hunter today. Face to face."

     I swallowed. "And?"

     "Guess it didn't turn out so well." She sighed again. "Honestly, what am I going to do with him?"

    My hand tightened on the phone. "What did Hunter do to him?"

      Again she hesitated. "Well....I guess that's the problem, he didn't do anything. From what I got out of Gio, Hunter had completely brushed him off. These two really need to stop being stubborn already. Geez. I expected it from Giovannie but not from Hunter. I mean what's he thinking? Flaunting another girl in Gio's face like that."

      "What?" What the hell? I finally give Moretti up to that bastard and he's not even making a move to claim Moretti? Instead he's with some other bimbo? What's that asshole thinking, hurting Moretti like this?