Chapter 21: London, England

Start from the beginning

He shrugged and went to the en suite bathroom. I wanted to follow and share a steamy shower with him but that action might cause him to be late with his appointment. So I decided to stay in the bed and carefully plan my late-night seduction later.

After a quick shower, he went out of the bathroom dripping wet and a towel wrapped around his waist. God, this man will be the death of me. How could he parade himself right before my eyes looking like that? I was playing how to be a good wife here I don't want him to be late with his appointment today but this devil was tempting me.

"Stop staring, you are embarrassing me. You are making me uncomfortable with your intent look." He mimicked my exact words when he was staring at me during our picnic by the beach.

I threw a disapproving look in his direction. "That's not funny. Besides, I am not staring at you, sir. I am staring at my dresser table."

"Really?" He asked sardonically, his eyes held deviltry in their depth. "That's hard to believe since I am hundred percent sure that you are staring at my thing. Look I will not get an erection if my wife isn't staring at it."

I scowled at him. "Not my problem anymore."

He walked barefooted where I sat on the bed. He lowered his head so we're on eye level. He also planted his hands-on side of the mattress trapping me. "You don't need to be sour about it, love. I promise I will make it up to you. Just like what we did in Sicily."

I stared deep into his eyes, as the blush spread through my cheeks despite my effort to stop it. X-rated images flashed inside my mind while I noticed the smirk on his lips. I couldn't believe that this straight-laced man could be a devil in bed. I have had a fair share of relationships before but this was the only man who made me blush between the sheets.

"You were thinking about it, don't you?" The nerve of him to asked me that question with such devilish tone.

I looked away from his intense eyes. "No," I muttered a little breathlessly.

"Then, why can't you look at me straight in the eyes?" He whispered seductively at me. He was so far too close for my comfort. I could already feel in hot breathe.

"I told you..." I summoned my eyes to meet his but the words died in my throat when he suddenly claimed my lips with a searing kiss. This man liked to catch me off guard these past few days. I eagerly answered his kiss, opening my mouth so he could get better access. I heard him moaned when our tongues tangled together while running my fingers through his damp hair.

He teased and bit me playfully. "Rafe..." I said between our kisses. "We...need...stop." He wasn't not listening he even deepened our kiss.

R.I.P. Brain cells. I silently thought with regret.

Our heated kiss only stopped when his mobile phone sounded on the bedside table. He managed to remove his mouth from mine and looked at the screen of his mobile device. He smiled warily. "It's my secretary. I'm already late for my appointment. I'm sorry but I have to go, Signorina. I promise I will make it up to you soon."

"I will hold on to your promise, honey," I informed him with a smile. I watched him dressed when he removed his towel from his waist I got a good looked at his rear before he slipped his boxers. "May I give you a fair warning?"

"Warning?" He asked curiously, buttoning his shirt. "What kind of warning, wife?"

I lay down on the bed and stared at the high ceiling. "Do not flirt with the daughter of your investor just to get the deal, are we clear?"

"Why?" He asked with a smirk on his face. "Are you jealous? Don't tell me that you are? Corrine Moretti is jealous of the daughter of this investor. We are not even sure if he has a daughter, my darling."

My mouth twisted with distaste. "I have a feeling that he has. You don't want to see my jealous side, Rafaelle Moretti. Nobody has seen it before. You don't want to be the first. I'm such a crazy woman."

"Point taken, ma'am. But have some faith in your husband, Signorina. I will never do something that might hurt you. I need to go, bye." He gave me a quick peck in the lips before he took his brief bag and went out of the door.

"What should I do to kill time?" I muttered to myself once I was alone in our massive bedroom.

Rafe Moretti's POV

I smiled to myself, as I remember my last conversation with my wife. Who would have thought that she would admit that she might get jealous of another woman? I thought women were the last ones to admit that they're jealous.

I sat in my office trying to proofread the business proposal I would give the investor later and here I was all I could think was my wife. I have a very busy day ahead of me but I seem that my mind was still on vacation mode.

Once I closed this deal with this English investor I would plan again with another out-of-the-country vacation with my wife. We haven't yet had a real honeymoon... I shook my head forcing myself to focus on the document on my laptop screen. This is not the right time to think about that.

A few hours later, I was in the private area of the restaurant waiting for the investor. The door suddenly burst to open the waiter led the acquaintance of Cesare Fiorenza. I was about to stand in my chair when I stopped midway. The man went inside with a young woman. His daughter? I asked silently. I gave myself a self-mocking smile. Since when did my wife become such a psychic?

"Rafe Moretti." Adam Clarke extended his hand in my direction with a smile on his face. "Good to meet you again."

"Nice to meet you again, sir." I shook his hand briefly. I spared a glance to the young woman who smiled a little adoringly in my direction for my opinion. I swallowed hard. It feels like I took one step closer to Coco's wrath.

Adam Clarke must notice that I was staring at the woman beside him. "Oh, I forgot to introduce you to my daughter. This is my little girl Stella. Sweetie, this is Rafe Moretti, my soon-to-be business partner."

"Nice to meet you." I offered my hand with a slight force smile on my face.

"Glad to finally meet you, Rafe." She purred, battling her eyelashes to me. She held my hand firmly. "Daddy talked about a great deal about you since Mr. Cesare Fiorenza's birthday party. How I wish I had come with daddy with that birthday party so I met you sooner."

I snatched my hand lightning fast. I rubbed my hand at the back of my trousers. "I hope you don't mind if I brought my daughter to our meeting. She wants to meet you."

Yes, I mind. My mind answered silently, but I would not voice that immediately. "I don't mind, sir. If I know she will come I also bring my wife with me so she will not feel bored with our meeting."

The man's eyes widened. "You have a wife?"

I nodded with a smile. "Yes, I am recently married to a fabulous woman, sir. Is there something wrong?"

"Well, I hope that you..." Adam Clarke trailed off with regret in his eyes. "...never mind. Come. Let's have dinner first before we discuss this business proposal."

We were all seated at the table and the waiter gave us the menu. Stella Clarke stared at me longer than necessary. I hid my face through the menu. I nearly jumped in my seat when her foot grazed my knee. I glared at her vehemently but she just smiled seductively in my direction.

Oh my God... I thought silently. If Coco learns about this she will probably kill me.