Chapter Five

» something came up, but i'll see you before our first class!

To say I wasn't disappointed and a little heartbroken Embry couldn't have breakfast with me, would be a lie. I was upset but I shook off the negative feelings. I tried to avert it to something else, Stephan. How had he been? He hadn't replied to my text since Sunday morning. And it was rare for him to do that. I pursed my lips and wondered what could've happened. Then again he was with family and he had his own life. I wasn't going to pester him about it. Especially since I was about to end things. I shrugged it off and went about breakfast. I also packed myself lunch and Alexis as well. Just in case she didn't buy any. My wandered back to yesterday. It was nice that Embry and Seth were available. Dinner would've been rough without them and I could tell it was a smart choice to invite Seth. Her face literally lit up at the sight of him. Classes started at 8:30 and it was about 7:45. I should get going to see if he had been there. My phone dinged before I got to my car and I hoped it was Embry. To my utter disappointment it was Stephan.

» sorry i didn't get back to you, cousin gave birth!

It was followed by a picture of his holding a new born child. It was swaddled in blue. A baby boy. How nice. I texted him to tell his cousin a quick congratulations. I didn't even know he had a pregnant cousin. I got another ding and dismissed it, in thoughts it had been Stephan. I double and triple checked if everything I needed was in my bag for my first day of school. My schedule. Of course I forgot the schedule. I ran into my room but before I left, I checked my outfit. The weather was pretty fair. Not too hot but not too cold, just right for the transition from summer into fall. It was mid October. So I wore a distressed, light washed jeans, white converse, and an olive green bomber jacket over a white tank top. I rushed out the door once I grabbed my bag, keys, wallet, and phone.

"Oh god!" I was startled by the taller than six foot guy who met me at the door. "Embry! You startled me!" I had a hand over my chest. My heart was rapidly beating. Embry chuckled and said he had texted me. "You what?" I looked down at my phone and saw he indeed did.

» ended early, im coming now
» hope im not too late
» you better answer the door
» :-( was that mean lol
» here!!

I blushed embarrassed that I didn't realize he did text me, more than once. I apologized that I didn't reply.

"Did you eat?" He pat his stomach and nodded his head diligently. I smiled at the cute action. "Let's go then!"

"First day of school! First day of school!" He jabbed his elbow on my shoulder. "Are you nervous!" He took the liberty to open the door for me.

"More or less nervous." I tried to hide the blush on my face as I hopped into my car. I lost my footing and nearly slipped, but Embry was there to catch me. "Okay maybe more nervous than I realized." Nervous because he held me in his arms... again, not because of school. We got settled into the car and drove off to school. By the time we arrived it was around 8:05. I parked the car and hung outside on the hood of my jeep, with Embry's help. "I don't wanna be here again." I groaned as I laid my head against on top of his.

He had leaned against the car to my left. He chuckled. I felt the need to by his side at all times. I honestly just wanted to cuddle in bed with him every time he was over me house and kiss him. Oh what it would be to kiss him. I wanted to caress his face with my hands and trace the outline of his body with my fingers. I wanted to know what it was like to lay by his side. I wanted to be his. But all these thoughts were completely absurd. I had just met him! It frustrated me to no end to have feelings like this for a guy I just met. I don't even know where it came from. From the moment I met eyes with him, I was drawn to him. It was like magnets. Forces attracted. Chemistry. Whatever the hell it was. I hated it right now. I hate it. I couldn't do anything about it. He probably has some girlfriend somewhere. If he did he was a pretty shitty boyfriend for being there for me all the time. But Embry was a gentleman, there was no way he had someone else. He wouldn't have given me the attention he was if he did. Why was he giving me this attention in the first place? Why was he being as nice as he was? Did he like me?