Chapter Four

End of Time 4

"Are you serious about that Tris?" Alexis asked me as she and I set up the table. It was yet again going to be buffet style because if all the boys were coming, there wasn't enough room on the table. I nodded my head. I hadn't seen her since this morning. By the time she had gotten home yesterday, I had left with Embry to run a couple errands for his mom. I had just told her about my breaking it off with Stephan.  I would do it on Tuesday because it was my shortest day at school. I could leave after my last class which was at 12.

"I'd rather not push it off longer and do it in person. It's not fair to him if I string him along and I know my feelings aren't there anymore." I explained. It was about fifteen more minutes until the guys should be at the door soon. Alexis decided to be a pest and asked if my feelings were elsewhere. I blushed and told her there was a time and place for that conversation. She laughed at me. She probably had an inkling I was into Embry. I wouldn't deny it if she confronted me about it. I took a look to make sure everything was okay. The beverages were set in place, the plates and utensils and cups as well were off to the side. Then the eggs made in three different styles were next to that and then the bacon. I made waffles, French toast, and pancakes too. And I threw in some oatmeal for them if they were in the mood.

"Wait where are the muffins and bagels and stuff?" She asked as she plopped the fresh biscuits on the tray by the juices.

"Embry should-"

"I'm here!" My heart skipped a beat at the familiar sound of his voice. I had left the door open for the guys so they could just come in and out. I turned to greet Embry with a quick hug, which he returned with the bags of bread at hand. It was our first hug and I couldn't deny that I wanted to stay in his arms forever. I fit so perfectly, it was like his body was meant for mine. I pulled away while I still could. I didn't notice it before, but the moment I left his side, he was really hot. Temperature wise. He felt as if he was sick with a fever. The cool rush of air conditioning had made me notice it the second I parted from him. "Sorry I'm late. My mom needed me to fix the toilet." He promised yesterday he'd come by earlier with the bread and help set up.

"It's okay, thank you so much for doing this." I took everything out of his hands and set it up by the biscuits. There were croissants and donuts mixed in with the muffins and bagels I asked for. I began to reach for my wallet that was by my charging phone to pay him back.

"No don't." Embry shook his head before I could get the money out. "It was like five bucks honest. I know the girl at the bakery." My heart somewhat sank. The curiosity of how he knew the girl got me upset. What if they were dating? That couldn't be, as far as he acted around me, he seemed just as interested. Or maybe that was him being nice to me. Maybe they had a thing. Maybe they were talking, it wasn't like Embry was bad looking. He was in fact the handsomest one of the group. I told myself to quit it.

"Well, then I owe you at least." The moment I set my eyes on him, the doubt faded away.

"Stop it. You've been feeding me since the first day I met you."

Once the guys finally arrived, everyone dug in. I was surprised to see that they had brought other stuff like plastic cups, and napkins, and even more juice too. There was also some ice cream, and other desserts like brownies. I was shocked but thanked them nonetheless. We all dug in and got to talking some more. I had went over my schedule with them and found out I had a class which at least one of them. Embry was in a majority as I had found out yesterday. I got to know more about them the way they got to know more about me. Apparently they were all from the Quilette tribe, that we lived on a Reservation. They loved to go to the beaches and even invited me one day. There was some Bella character that Jake was heavily into. There was one guy Sam I haven't met yet, and he was with a woman Emily who they were dying to have me meet. Jared also had a girlfriend named Kim who went to a different school. And Seth had a sister named Leah.