My life

Amazing banner made by damons_girl21!!!! I LOVE IT <3

___________________________

Sam's P.O.V.

The luxury of avoiding death's ever shadowing gaze was unfortunately not evaded by my unprepared nostrils. The almost acidic stench of putrid, decomposing residue consumed me, as beat down, mutilated glass bottles lay shot; slain across the blood soaked carpet, blanketed by the remains of rejected apparel. I disinfected this eyesore routinely, almost thrice in a day, yet the disarray always regrew no matter my usage of weaponry or Febreeze.

"Forgetting something? You- Knock before you enter" Dereck snarled whilst sprawled in his cloaking mass of linen, a young'n at either side, a blanket the only coverage for the beast. His breath screeched 'vodka' as it rolled violently against his tongue, almost bathing in the lack of toothpaste. Discarded remains of pills perched loyally at his right hand side, a 62 inch flat screen TV hung from the noose of the ceiling, a groupie of my Mother's designing awards were now being used as book ends; this whole room felt.. Wrong. Much like the man who somehow claimed it.

"Yes- Sorry sir- won't happen again," I stuttered riskily; clawing at the walls of my regret as I felt the glazing, burning intensity of his watch. The women dared snicker boastfully in my direction, believing this abuse almost allowed them to feature in some scene from a Hollywood Mafia fantasy.

"Samantha do you know something? I have been so kind to you for years and this is how you repay me?-" he lectured. I mentally sighed; I've had this talk a numerous amount of times and after his 100th lecture I managed to memorise his wording for entertainment purposes,

'Samantha do you know something?

I have been so kind to you for years and this is how you repay me?

Having silly daydreams whilst I need help. You're pathetic. You're a waste of space: only made to clean MY space. A science experiment gone wrong. Ignorant bitch; just like your mother! Pathetic excuse of life. You're nothing without this job. Quit acting like your life is a movie and you're the star because you're not. You're just a teenage fuck up who would be NOTHING without me.

If you continue to act like such a slob you will be on the streets. Got it?'

Then I would usually nod in 'appreciation' of his great kindness and my wondrous fortune.

To my dismay, the women sniggered at me once again; one smothering a hand against his bare chest and the other diving onto the crook of his neck. Pretty revolting, I know. Purchase yourself some self respect next time you're at Tesco; you're doing that in front of a teenager and, surprisingly, I DON'T WANT TO SEE IT! It's nasty! Especially when he's so *shudders* old.

Before I managed to flee, he bellowed whilst gracing a smirk

"SAMANTHA! I NEED MORE DRUGS"I gave a quick nod and murmured that I'd get them one day this week.

"Oh and Samantha? Don't disturb my girls and I. We're going to be... In a meeting of sorts." His chuckles were followed by two high pitched giggles, crippling my existence. That. Is. Disgusting.

I left the Dragon's lair and slithered up stairs to my own. I appreciate that's the location of the attic but that appeared to be my 'accommodation'.

It wasn't much of a room, probably due to my lack of funding, yet it's where I felt slightly secure. I lay on my not-so-comfy bed and sighed as I glanced around at the hollow shell I labelled 'sanctuary'.

My best friend, Victoria, was also employed at my Mum's Fashion house and was always designing clothes for me so I could save up to buy the stationery things I needed. She fashioned me a blanket, 'expression' as the theme, and I adore it. Since there weren't any radiators in here it's my main source of heat, especially in the Winter.

Vic suggested that I move into her house or call social services but who would believe me? Even if I did move out then my Step- Father would just sue her family or claim kidnapping. To be honest, it was probably best off if I remained where I was. Believe me when I say that I tried everything. My previous family just seemed to have vanished. I was stuck in a vicious cycle of poverty and I couldn't end up on the streets. So instead of making a huge deal about it, I accepted defeat gracefully.

The lighting used were fairy lights given to me when I was younger and a low energy lava lamp Vic got me for my birthday. My computer, I had bought off of my neighbour. She never used it and gave me it once she passed away. I used to help her sow seeds in the garden when I was a very little girl and so she left it and a packet of seeds to be in her will. Derek found it acceptable for me to use it but only since it was manufactured by dinosaurs. At least it worked... I didn't have a wardrobe, I had a chest instead. Not one of those fancy chests that the Queen would have in Buckingham Palace. No. I had a battered chest that looked like it had just escaped a fire. My room was a liliacy colour and you may think

"Awww cute lilac."

But I didn't mean paint lilac. I meant the mould on the walls turned lilac!

The wooden flooring could barely hold my weight; every time I shut the door the whole room shook but it's what I had and what I get is what I'll take. The positive of the room being no one dared visit and I had a secret exit. How I found it? Long story short being I was in my bathroom, putting in all of my products when I moved a disgusting rug I'd never previously questioned and discovered a locked hatch. I grappled a pocket knife and picked at it for about an hour until it unveiled its contents.

This is may sound strange, slightly random also, but feeling like the woman in black was just a daily aspect of life for me. My step-sisters believed I had no right whatsoever to be branded as related to them so no one knew we were in fact relatives. The isolation proves useful to barricade emotion.

When Victoria first moved here, she was strolling past the grand white mansion and seemed to be admiring its structure. In curiosity, I'd ignored my duties and took the time to glance at Victoria, wondering what it was like to be free. This seemed to be a routine as she walked past everyday. One day, I seemed to be leaning against the window and my work list slipped through my fingers. With a silence shattering thud, the list smashed against the cobbled drive way. Victoria jumped back as her eyes diverted towards my direction. Her eyes widened in shock as she'd seen me around school but hadn't spoken to me. Derek, who never pays attention to anything, decided to notice, stormed upstairs and had grabbed me by the throat. Victoria saw everything. Derek noticed the window and instantly ran out of the room. I made my way through the house, collected the list while ignoring Vic and got on with my duties. The next day the window was blackened out. Vic then approached me after school and swore she wouldn't tell anyone what she had witnessed.