Chapter 6

Superman and Gordon went over to Bruce's side. "The ambulance is on their way," Gordon said.

"Thank you," Alfred said. Gordon just nodded then walked over to a few of the reporters.

Bruce was lying there gasping for air. He grabbed the front of Superman's suit and pulled him close so he could talk in Superman's ear. "Wh... where's... Dick?"

Superman chuckled. "Nothing gets past you. He called me, said you were in trouble and basically ordered me to get over here, but I did find out what city he's in." Bruce just listened. "He'd in Blϋdhaven. I sent him a message by the camera crew, so hopefully when I fly over the city I'll hear him."

"F... find... him," Bruce gasped out then went into a coughing fit.

Alfred whipped the blood off Bruce's mouth as best he could, then turned his head when he heard the ambulance coming. "Go find Master Dick and Miss Barbra. I'll stay with Master Bruce," Alfred said after he looked back to Superman.

Superman nodded then turned back to Bruce. "I'll find him." He then jumped into the air and flew off.

It took Superman ten minutes to get to Blϋdhaven. He made sure to focus his hearing so he could hear Dick's voice. "Come on, Dick, make some noise."

"Mom, mommy, can we go to the park?"

"Sasha, baby, please let me in. I'm sorry. That other girl meant nothing."

"Tommy, get back here this instant!"

"Do you really think he'll find us?" Superman stopped and listened closer to the conversation.

"Of course, Barbra, he's Superman."

"Got'cha. Keep talking, Dick, I'm almost there," Superman said as he tried to follow Dick and Barbra's voices.

Dick walked out to the hall and over to the window. Barbra followed. They both stared out the window in silence until Barbra spoked. "But Blϋdhaven is..."

"It's not that big," Dick interrupted, "and it looks like we're more on the edge of town. Super..." Dick stopped when he saw something in the distance.

"What? What's wrong? Is Steve here?" Barbra asked getting worried.

"No. I see him. Superman, over here!"

Barbra looked out the window and saw a small dot floating in the sky. "How'd you see him? He's gotta be on the other side of the city."

"I'm use to it. Whenever he says he's comin' over, I'd always go to the roof of the mansion and watch for him," Dick replied.

They saw the small dot get closer and turn into the Man of Steel. "Dick, Barbra, are you ok?" Superman asked when he got to the window.

"Yeah, but how's Bruce?" Dick asked.

"Alfred was with him and the ambulance was just arriving when I left. He was in pretty bad shape, but he's strong."

Dick looked down sadly. "This is all my fault."

"Dick..." Superman tried, but Dick stopped him.

"No," Dick said angrily, "if I had just stayed with Steve and Sarah and not gone with KF, then..."

"Then you'd be dead," Barbra finished for him also getting angry. Dick looked at her a bit surprised. "Gosh dang it, Dick. Do you even hear yourself? You want to stay with that psycho?"

Dick started backing up away from Barbra. "No, but if I did you and Bruce..."

"Me and Bruce what?" Barbra asked as she followed him back. Superman just stood by the window and watched the two. "We'd be safe? Is that what you were going to say? Well think again, Mister! You know as well as I do that Bruce wouldn't rest until he found you until he passed out from exhaustion. Alfred would have to strap him down and sedate him just to make him sleep, and as for me, you'd worry me to death. After my father said Steve was beating you, I almost went out and looked for you myself. The only reason I didn't was because dad said you ran away from the station. You had me worried sick!"