Part I: Sisterly Betrayal

The hot water was refreshing, it warmed me inside altough my heart continued as frozen as winter. Lord Markos had perished fighting against the male doppelganger, who had the same gift as his ancestor. He was a strong witch, and Lord Markos had faced him head on. He did not wish for the help of the mord-sith, and we were bound to serve his wishes. He had foolishly perished. 

At least he had cursed the future doppelgangers to meet. This way, there was a chance of the travelers finding them at the same time. This time, even though the travelers had found the male doppelganger, the female one was still missing. But this male doppelganger was lost, he had cast a dangerous explosive spell that had resulted in both his death and the death of the leader.

"There is much to do Sister." A female voice said entering the room. "We cannot do nothing. We should add much more to our numbers, we should search the land for the next shadows. Or at the very least kill all the witches we can find."

"It will be centuries until the next pair of shadows appear Denna." I replied, turning my back at her as two of my sisters cleaned my shoulders. "Increasing our numbers in such a way and killing everything in our path would bring the attention of the humans to us. We have to continue to be shadows to them, as lord Markos wished."

"Are we to spend our time bathing and eating like you then?" The younger mord-sith growled out, narrowing her eyes at me. 

At that, I quickly turned around to stare at her. "Are you questioning my command Denna?" I inquired with a soft voice, smiling in amusement at her. 

"No, of course not sister." The girl replied, regretting her previous phrase. 

I slowly walked towards her, like a puma watching their prey. Slowly and swiftly. The look of amusement still intact on my face. 

"Of course you didn't." I said softly into her ear, and she gave me an insecure smile. I replied in kind, before trowing her into the large bath. The other sisters that had been in the room quickly left, knowing what was coming to sister Denna.

I jumped into the water again, grabbed the woman's blonde head and pushed it underwater. She squirmed and squirmed, wishing for breath. I continued, for a few more minutes until I pulled her out and growled in her face. "Disrespect me again, and I'll train you from scratch."

She whispered in reply, with a bland expression on her face. "Of course Mistress."

"Don't forget that the only reason I don't wear my white leather [1]daily is because it stains easily with blood." I smirked, before grabbing her head and shoving it against the rocky floor. 

[1] the white leather outfit is part of the Legend of the Seeker fandom, basically only a mord sith that broke others into being mord sith can use it.

---

I was torturing a witch in the dungeons when two of my sisters entered the room. The Temples of the mord-sith were all well equipped, not only with the dungeons but also with all sorts of painful toys. Lord Markos had decided to build them when he decided to not only punish the witches but also to eradicate from the face of the planet. As such more and more girls joined the ranks of the mord-sith, I had trained many of them. Putting them through what I had been through. 

The temples were hidden from the world with magic, and we're built using people under mind controlling spells. The numbers continued to grow every day, and they were all around the world. In only twenty years the mord-sith had killed many witches. They were now the monsters that the mothers told their children about, at least in the witching community. 

"What is it now?" I asked my sisters, arching a brow at them.

"Sister Denna has sent a raven." The one on the right informed, before the other one continued. "She has found a village with witches near, and they seem to know our location."

"What?" I loudly demanded, turning to look at them with narrowed eyes. "Where?"

"The village is two hours, to the south." The mord-sith replied.

I groaned out loud, before looking at the witch I had been torturing and then back at my sister. "Take care of this darling for me sisters, I have to take care of this."

---

I mounted the horse and went south, while wondering how Denna had found about the witches knowing our location.  Two hours later I arrived at the area surrounding the village, and found my Sister's camp.

"Denna, report." I demanded with force when I first arrived next to the younger blonde mord-sith.

"The witches seem to know our location." The woman replied.

"How do you know of this?" I inquired, narrowing my eyes at her.

"Came with me." She replied, nodding her head in the direction of the village.

---

We were about to cross into the village when Denna stopped walking, and turned around to look at me. She smiled sweetly, and before I had time to act she pushed her agiel into my ribs. 

The agiels had been one of Lord Markos creations when he realized that one of the gifts that I received after the spell that made me a mord-sith was high pain endurance. They were leather baton-like sticks used for torture and combat that caused extreme amounts of pain, not only to the victim but also to the one using the weapon. The other sisters too had the power to endure the pain of the agiel, as they were broken using it. But to me, the agiel didn't even tickle me. Oh I felt it, it just didn't faze me as much as the others. 

As such I quickly kicked Denna and went to grab my own weapon, when more than five agiels latched themselves into my back at the same time. While I could handle the pain of one agiel just fine, more than three was more complicated. 

I quickly went to my knees, and quickly looked behind me to see who had betrayed me. I was shocked to see not only the ones that were using their agiels on my but also the rest of the Sisters that had been staying in the Temple up north.

Denna got up swiftly, quickly getting over my kick and grabbed my face with her hands. "Your time as our Mistress is finished, you have grown weak. We will do Lord Markos wishes, seeing as you are incapable."

"You are not worth that braid, and you are not worth the tittle of Sister Cara." She spit in my face, grabbing a dagger and cutting my braid. Soon some of the other mord-sith punched and kicked me to the ground, before taking my agiels.

"The only reason you are still in leather is because this is a witch village, and If you don't die from your wounds they will end you when they recognize it." Denna whispered into my ear softly, before slamming my face into a rock.