Ch. 10

Jack and i made small talk through out the day. He was gine for what seemed like forever. Jack had a lot to tell me about. Although it seemed that i didnt have much to say back to him. My life is pretty bland compared to his.

After school i went straight to work like i always do. When i told jack that he began nagging me about "working to much", just like Emily does every day.

"Lea? Im gonna switch you tables." My boss says walking towards my table i was supposed to be helping.

"Why?" I simply asked.

"A young man asked for you by name" she smiled at me while nodding her head towards the back end of the diner near the popular corner booth.

I was shocked to see the boy that has been coming here for the past couple of weeks every couple of days.

I walk towards the table taking out my pad and pen.

"What would you like?" I asked politely trying to avoid his gaze.

"To get to know you." He replied smoothly.

I looked at him and all i saw was the handsome boy smiling at me. My head shot up.

"What?" I asked astonished.

"I want you to sit, have diner with me and i want to get to know you. What do you say?" He asked again with a convincing, beautiful smile.

"Im working right now." I reply to him and my stomach dropped.

"Ask for the remainder of the night off." He suggested.

"Your my last table." I admitted to him looking back into his blue/green eyes.

"Great." Ge replied and slumped back in his chair. "Sit, decided what you want."

"I really cant. I have to pick my brother up tonight after my shift." I tell him.

"Please." He said simply.

"Okay fine." I sit down. "You have twenty minutes. Flatter me." I said to him with a smile.