Chapter 16

"Does this have anything to do with your lover boy?" Jack asked.

"Lover boy? You mean Landon?" I asked casually. He scoffed.

"Sure" he replied.

"Hey, i was supposed to work tonight. Emily dragged me away from it. This isn't my fault!" I roll my eyes.

We were diving for a good ten minutes. We couldn't get into the school parking it was so packed with cars. We ended up parking down the street. Walking was overall freezing. I should have brung another jacket. Although i wasn't even supposed to be here right now.

I heard my phone go off. I jumbled around trying to find what pocket it was in. When reaching around, my hand landed on my back pocket and the familiar shape molded into my hands.

Landon: You decided to show up.....

I look up from my phone and dont see anyone around me besides Jack and Emily on both sides of me. We are a little late so everybody else is already in the stadium cheering on the teams.

How did you know? I dont see you... I replied to him.

Landon: we are closer to each other than you think. He replied instantly. I took another look around and still i saw absolutely nothing.

Where are you? I asked.

Suddenly i heard the sound of a door opening. I look behind me at a sleek, space gray range rover. It has an embellishment standing next to it, Landon.

"Now i really think you stalk me." I chuckle. He puts his head down and cracks a smile.

"I thought you weren't coming." He changed the subject.

"I didn't want to but i was forced." I told him as i turned around to keep walking. If we didn't get in there now there wouldn't be a space for us to sit.

We kept walking until we reach the front. We waited until each of us showed our school IDs to get in. After Jack and Emily were done and a straggling Landon, who tries to keep his distance, get through we finally made it up to the stands.

 After Jack and Emily were done and a straggling Landon, who tries to keep his distance, get through we finally made it up to the stands

The stands were packed! It seemed like there was no space for four more people. This is what happens when you are late to a game and you have a town where football is a really important.

I follow Jack up the stairs. He maneuvers his way through the student filled bleachers until he finds the spot that has enough space. Emily was complaining about not wanting to walk anymore and how she couldn't see from the back. When we were settled Landon was no where to be found.

Landon, a sexy boy, at a rival school, who isn't a complete jerk. He's very sweet and kind, to me at least. He makes me think too much. Overall Landon isn't very open about himself. He always talked about me but hasn't said much about himself. Walls. Walls. Walls. Although I have them too, but nobody gets passed my barriers unless i fully trust them. Maybe he has a past. Maybe inside he is just hurt and lonely. Or he may just be a little shy. All i know is I'm gonna get passed those and finally see the real Landon without all the jock fame. I will see Landon for his true self.

Im broke out of my thoughts by the crowd roaring. By the looks of it we made a touch down in the last 8 seconds of the 3rd quarter. I just clap because to be honest i dont like to watch football that much. Instead i would rather be playing the game than watching it.

My phone once again went off making Emily and Jack look at me. Emily smiles sweetly, Jack scoffed.

Landon: Wheres all the school spirt? He texted me.

I have some. Just not for football. I replied.

Landon: you dont like football? He asked.

Id rather play. Watching is boring, i want to be apart of the action. I smiled as i pressed send.

Landon: thats my kind of girl ;)

That made my stomach erupt with butterflies and heart to feel full. Why am i getting these feelings if I barely know him?