Chap. 15

A trio of mace wielding guys charges us. Charlotte snaps one of their neck's within a second. Vampire speed. I rush forward and dodge one of their maces. I punching him in the gut and he doubles over, dropping his mace. I pick it up and bash his head with it. He falls to the ground, unconscious. I look over to see Midnight, in cat form, tearing into the third guy. One woman comes at us with a pair of katanas. I swing my newly commandeered mace at her, but she blocks it with her sword. Her katana bends sharply when my mace hits it, and she discards the useless weapon. She swings a few times at me, and I dodge each one. I take a big swing, hitting her shoulder, and breaking the bone. She shouts out in pain, and turns to run. I spot another bounty hunter with a bow. He is lining up a shot right on my head. I move just as he fires, and the arrow grazes my ear. I put my hand up to my head, holding my ear. I pick up the good katana off the ground and throw it at him. It sinks into his stomach with a thunk. I look over and see the others all fighting as well. I broad sword hits the ground next to me and I jump. I look over to see a woman holding it. She lifts it again to chop me in half, but I jump out of the way. I throw my mace at her, and it hits her chest. She staggers for a moment, before she charges me again. I no longer have a weapon. "Help!" I shout. Almost instantly Charlotte's husband is here with a long sword. He clashes with the woman for a minute while I grab another sword of the ground, I rush in and stab the woman in the back. She falls to the ground. I nod in thanks to the man. The amount of bounty hunters in the room is about half now. I look to the other side of the room, startled. Polly and Carly are there, Polly flash freezing people on the spot, and Carly cutting down her new stone statues. Polly looks over at me and shouts something. I don't hear her over the sounds of fighting, but I do hear one word: teleport. I grin and teleport to the middle of the crowd. I take a sword out of an unsuspecting man's hand and cut him down. I chop the people around me, teleporting out of the way of weapons swung at me. The only bounty hunters left are trying to get out. I turn around just in time to see a blue ball of glowing electricity flying towards me. It hits me and I scream. I fall to the ground, and can't move. It burns all over. I can't tell much of what happens next but I can tell I'm being picked up, and rushed out of the house. I'm put in the back of a van, and then I see Charlotte and Delilah climb in with me. I start getting feeling in my body again as the van starts moving. I sit up painfully, and look up front. Charlotte's husband is driving, and Midnight is in the passenger seat. I sigh an lean back in my seat. I look at a Charlotte. "Thanks, for picking me up and bringing me." I say. She shakes her head. "I didn't, they did. It's then that I look across the van and see Polly and Carly in here with us for the first time. "What? What are you two doing here?" I say. "We had been wanting to leave that place for years. We were going to leave, and live our lives separately, but Jannet didn't want us to go. She practically kept us hostage." Polly explains. I nod, and close my eyes. We made it out, we're free.

The End