Chap. 6

After she leaves I grab some coals from the fireplace to draw. I've never been good at drawing, despite this I try drawing a draw a dragon fighting a knight while he defends a princess. I suck... I sigh and clean the wall with a wet washcloth. I then do a bit of reading before I go to bed.
-----***-----
When I wake up its early, and I take a shower. When I'm done I check the door to see if they unlocked it. They didn't, maybe they'll come for me later. I sit on the bed and wait. After what feels like hours, a key rattles in the door. "Finally." Tyrone says. The door opens and Jannet walks in. "Good morning! Did you sleep well?" She asks. "Yes, I slept fine." I say blandly. "Good, cause it's time for a tour of the house." "Ok." She turns on her heels and walks out. I follow her. We walk out of my room into a hallway. There are four other doors in the hallway. There is one on the same side as mine and three on the other side. "The closest one on the other side is my room, the next is Polly's, the last is Carly's. The one on the same side as your room is a spare." She says with a smile. We exit the hallway and enter a living room. There is a couch, a love seat, a coffee table, and a television. Carly is sitting on the couch reading a book. She looks normal. Accept for the part where she is only wearing hot pink underwear. "Carly!" Jannet gasps. Carly jumps slightly and looks up at her. "What?" She asks. "Put some clothes on." "Why? I ain't showin' anything." "Because Joey is now wandering the house, and you can't just wander around in a bra and panties! Even if he wasn't." "Ugh!! Fine." Carly gets up and walks past us into the hall, a few seconds later I hear her door slam. "I'm sorry about that." She says to me. "This is the living room. We relax here, or use it for meetings." She moves on, but I stay for a second and look at the pictures. There is a big portrait, of the three gorgons, above the couch, and a picture of a forest. "Come on." I hear her say, so I follow her into the kitchen. It's not particularly large, but it's got an island, a black stove, a sink, and a fridge. There is a closed door next to the fridge, probably leads to the basement. "This is the kitchen, obviously, this is where we make food. Well food that we haven't seduced, and torn apart." She leaves the kitchen and passes the dining room. "This is the dining room." She says, but moves on quickly. I stop for a second to look at a picture. The only one in the room is on the wall next to the wall with a window. It is an old, black and white photo of kid versions of Jannet, Polly, and Carly. They are playing together in the grass. They are all so young. Polly and Carly look to be only about 3, but Jannet is older. She looks eleven. I catch up. "That picture back there. When was it taken?" I ask. "A woman never reveals her age." She says. "But us gorgons stay beautiful for as long as we live, so I guess it's ok. That picture was taken in 1788. We were just kids back then, still living with our mother. Soon after that was taken, she was killed by a monster hunter. She sacrificed herself to save the three of us. The other two were too young to remember. But I remember it vividly. Mother heard a knock on the door and told us to stay put while she answered it. We were playing in the living room and she got off the couch and walked to the door. When she opened it a man barged in. He was in black gear, and had a sword. He also had a blindfold on. Mother couldn't paralyze him with her gaze, and despite his blindfold, he fought well. He swung at mother and she reared back, narrowly avoiding his sword. She ran towards us and scooped us all up. She dumped us onto her bed and grabbed a sword from the wall. She locked the door and closed it behind her. We were alone in the room. Polly and Carly were crying, but I tried comforting them as I heard swords clashing outside the door. Eventually they stopped. I waited and waited for mother to come get us, but she didn't come. Eventually I had to open the door. When I did I saw mother on the ground. She had a pool of blood around her. Next to her was the monster hunter, also dead. She killed him, even if she fell as well. I kneeled down and closed her eyes, knowing that the worst had happened. The other two came out of the room and shook her, trying to wake her up. She didn't. She was dead. We grew up alone. I became like a mother to them. Most of time they see me as their mother, and some time call me mother." She tells me. We stopped in the hall when she started telling me her story. She has a few tears running down her face. I don't know what we plans are for me. She's being exceptionally kind. Even trusting me enough to tell me such a personal story. "I'm sorry." I say feeling bad that I asked. "Don't worry about it. It was in the past." She wipes her tears. "Let's keep up with the tour." We walk into another living room looking place. There is a glass sliding door. "This is the lounge. Out there is the balcony. I guess, your free to do what you want. Watch tv, make food, relax. You can talk to the other two, but don't cause trouble. Clean up your messes, and don't try escaping through the front door, it's locked. And once again, don't go in the basement." She smiles and walks away. I'm left alone in the lounge.