Chapter 1 - "Wait.. What?"

"Princess Arabella, it is time to get up" I heard Martha, the castle steward say whilst opening up the windows as she does every morning, in a futile attempt to wake me up; but as usual I ignored her and buried my face back into the pillow.

She knows I was not a morning person, yet she still saw it fit to wake me up at 5 am every morning.

I mean, who opens the windows at 5 am in the morning.

I didn't kill anyone, so why was I being punished.

I was about to fall back into dream land when suddenly a bucket of ice cold water was dumped onto my head, leaving me soaking wet.

"I told you to wake up but since you didn't listen, you had to feel instead." she shrugged. "Furthermore, the princess of Carrington should not be asleep this late."

I shook my head at her before laying back down again, ignoring the fact that I was completely covered in water.

"You better get up off that bed right now, or next time it wouldn't be water that you're covered in" she warned,turning around to leave the room.

"What do you mean?" I questioned, raising one eyebrow in suspicion.

"You could stay in bed and find out" she singed before turning on her heels and exiting my bedroom.

I didn't know what she was talking about, but I was most certain that I didn't want to find out.

In one swift movement, I was up and headed toward my bathroom just as the maid finished drawing me a warm bath.

I quickly thanked her and she bowed her head in respect before leaving to go pick me out an outfit for today.

I stripped out of my night gown before entering into the bath tub. When I was finished, I wrapped a towel around my body then exited the bathroom.

I reentered my bedroom and noticed a white lace vintage ball gown resting on top of bed. I held it up slightly, scrunching my nose in disdain before tossing it aside. Princess or not, I didn't like the idea of wearing a dress period, as it simply wasn't me.

My mother was probably going to yell at me, when she realizes that I was not wearing the proper "princess attire" as she calls it, but I don't really care. I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

*******

"Arabella, I see you have decided not to wear your selected outfit; yet again." My mother rolls her eyes, once I had arrived at the dining table.

"You know, it's not my style!" I said, taking a seat

"Yes, well 'your style' is not suitable for a future queen to be wearing" my mother shakes her head at me.

"Well, I think a true queen, should be allowed to make her own decisions." I sighed.
"Anyway, I really don't want to start a fight, over something as silly as wardrobe. So Changing the topic, What are the plans for today?" I asked.

"Well, I actually don't have anything planned for today"she informed, "However, I am sending you to live with your aunt and uncle in Kensington today.

"Wait..What?" I responded taken aback and she nodded.

"Oh and before I forget, while you're there you will also be attending a private school" she clapped cheerfully. Like she hadn't just, plot to ruin my life.

"Are you being serious right now?" I ask, hoping that she would change her answer. "Mom, I don't want to attend a private school. I'm already homeschooled."

"It's not up for discussion sweetheart, everything is already arranged."  My mother concluded, announcing that she was not joking.

"You hate me, don't you" I huffed, glaring at her from the opposite end of the table.