11

*Naomi's POV*

I don't know how long I've been running. It could've been hours or only minutes. I don't know. I don't run out of energy, I'm just numb. I don't want to feel anything, cause if I do, I know it'll be pain.

How could I not realize it? I had always felt edgy around him, but did I really not see the cursed Shark's features in him? Even his skin is the same color! I realize that I actually did notice it. All those times I had woken up and panicked because I saw Kisame. I was just seeing the shark.

How? How could he do this and not tell me? Well, probably because I would've killed him, but... Wait! That's the perfect idea! I am going to kill him, and I'm going to avenge my parents. I pull out a kunai. And I know just how to do it...

*Kisame's POV*

How am I going to get her back? I wish I could explain everything to her. She probably thinks I'm the shark, where as it's really this stupid demon in my body! *I heard that...* a small voice whispers in my mind. Do you have any suggestions? *Kidnap her and threaten her.* Wow you REALLY know how to win a girl over.

I stop my mental conversation and go to face the worst yet to come. I have to tell Pein what happened. Pein had been almost like a father to Naomi, ever since she came here. He was not going to be pleased.

I walk up to the dreaded door and knock. "Come in." The emotionless voice says. This is not going to be easy.

*Naomi's POV*

I creep stealthily back to the base. Kisame should be sleeping by now. I enter quietly and climb up onto the ceiling. And creep down the hall to Kisame's room. Mine is right beside his. Luckily, the door doesn't creak. I sneak up beside his bed, but stop cold.

He's crying. Kisame, the tough guy, is crying. "Naomi..." He says, and at first I think he saw me, but I realize he's asleep. He's dreaming about me.

"Ninja art: Mind window jutsu!" I whisper as a small wavering rectangle appears just above Kisame's head, allowing me to watch his dreams.

*Kisame's POV*

Naomi. I remember when I first saw her. She was absolutely choked with oil. I remember carrying her all the way back to the base. I remember being worried while Sasori healed her. I remember siting beside her bed, waiting until she woke up.

I remember the first time she smiled at me. The way she would say 'Anytime' when I asked her something. I remember that first time we went swimming together. She was so beautiful.

I remember that first mission. Being shell-shocked at how powerful she was. I remember when she was in that coma and I thought she would die.

And I remember her face as she looked at me with pure terror. She saw away and I swam as fast, as hard as I could, but I couldn't catch up. I remember just stopping and sinking down to the bottom of the ocean floor, never wanting to leave.

I wake up. Naomi is in my room. There are tears in her eyes. "Naomi..." I begin. The kunai in her hand drops to the floor, and she attacks me in a hug. We stay like that for maybe 15 minutes, her sobbing into my chest. "Stay..." I murmur. She looks up at me and smiles. Her smile is filled with almost identical emotions that I had had. Loss, sadness, hope, and lastly, genuine happiness.

"Anytime." She says.

----------------------------------------

(A/N)

Me: Wow! I've uploaded ALOT of chapters!

Kakuzu: Is this book your only social life?

Me: No, I watch Naruto too!

Kakuzu: Oh god, I hope you don't breed.