1

*Naomi's POV*

I wake up to see people wearing dark cloaks standing over me. As my vision clears I can see little red clouds on them. "Am I in hell?" I ask and one of the figures chuckles. I look harder and realize he has blue skin. He looks like a shark.

At the very thought of that, my mind stings as I remember my last run in with a shark. I look down and realize I have legs. Huh. I must be dry. Being a mermaid, I can never really tell until I see if I have legs or a tail. I panic, remembering the shark man. I look up, and I see that now he is not alone.

A red-head accompanies him. And I mean REALLY red, not orangish. He starts to assess me, and then puts a pill in my mouth. I protest, but he just looks at me and says vey calmly and determined, "Relax." I do and swallow the pill. The world slowly fades to blackness.

*Kisame's POV*

Sasori tells me the girl will be fine. I still remember pulling her ashore two nights ago. Her lungs were absolutely choked with oil. She had opened her eyes, but I could see there was barely any comprehension in them. She had looked at me with absolute, abject terror. I wonder what was going through her mind. She seemed calm enough now...

I walk into the living room to see Hidan and Kakuzu arguing over the remote. Again. Hidan wanted to watch Konoha's got talent, but Kakuzu wanted to watch Homemade Millionare. I just grabbed the remote, changed it to discovery channel, and ran outside with it. I hid it in the hollow of the tree and headed down to the beach for a swim. I just hope I don't see ANOTHER mermaid. That would be just too much.

*Naomi's POV*

It has been a week since the shark-man, (I learned his name was Kisame) rescued me. The leader of the organization I was staying with had come in to talk to me. His name was Pein. A funny name too. Who would name their kid Pein? Not that I would ask him. That dude is just plain freaky.

He said he was interested in me joining the Akatsuki, (that was the organization's name.) He asked if I had any ninja skills. I saw no reason to lie. I told that I know every single water jutsu there is.

He responded by laughing out loud, which shocked quite a few of the members. I said nothing, but put him in a water prison jutsu. Every one was shocked that I would dare do such a thing, but Pein just looked at me, kind of laughed, and said "Welcome to the organization."

All of my injuries have healed now, and most of the members have been very accommodating. Except for Hidan. He's a perv. I walked out of my new room only to bump into him. He whistled. "Hey baby, wanna hang out in my room tonight?" I respond by coating my fist with chakra, and punching him in the face. I walk outside and head down to the beach for a swim. I don't even bother to take of my blue dress before I jump in. I know it won't get wet.

Sure enough, as soon as I touch the water I transform. I splash in as a new creature. I have a light blue bikini top and a glimmering tail of the same colour.

I laugh and splash around, but I don't know I'm being watched...

----------------------------------------

(A/N)

Me: Dun dun DUN! Cliffhanger!

Hidan: That is the frickin worst cliffhanger ever!

Me: Shut up Hidan!

Tobi: Yeah Hidan! Stop being mean to Tobi's new friend!

Hidan: Oh Jashin...

Itachi: 0/_\O

Me: No, Itachi. Not again.

Itachi: Okay... 0/~\O