Chapter 3. He Skateboards

Start from the beginning

"What did you do?" Stiles asked, his eyes scanning over his father.

His dad reeled his head back in confusion, "What? What do you mean, what did I do?"

"There's something different about you," Stiles explained as he continued to look his father up and down, trying to pinpoint what could possibly be different about him.

His father looked the exact same to me, I mean he was in his uniform and he had his morning coffee.... unless he got a haircut that I can't seem to pick up on, I'm not entirely sure what could be different with this picture here.

"What are you talking about?" he asked as Stiles took a step closer, inspecting his father further.

Stiles' eyes were narrowed as he made eye contact with his dad, "What is it? What's different?"

His dad pushed him back and his eyes widened, "For the love of God, Stiles, just go to school."

"I will go if you promise to do a full background check on the Raekens." Stiles countered as he flailed his arms around for dramatic effect.

His father shook his head from side to side, "No. Know what? Just because I'm the only law enforcement officer who knows anything about this does not make it my responsibility to do something every time you have a minor suspicion."

Stiles smirked and pointed towards the door, "Except you're not the only one."

I glanced through the glass and saw that Parrish's desk was sitting right outside the door. I smiled as Stiles found a loophole, knowing that he was going to get what he wanted... as usual. Very rarely does Stiles not get his way, he will always find something to help him get what he wants. It's very inspiring, he never gives up on anything.

"Parrish!"

I let out a snort as Stiles' dad narrowed his eyes at me, "This isn't funny, Kasey."

"You're right, I'm sorry

"You're right, I'm sorry." I responded, not being able to contain my laughter. Stiles smiled widely as Parrish walked through the door, looking confused as all get out.

Stiles patted his shoulder, "You are going to do something for me."

"I don't like the way this looks," Parrish sighed as he closed the door to the office.

⬘ ⬘ ⬘

"So you ran a background check and all you found was a speeding ticket?" Malia asked curiously as we ascended the concrete staircase in front of the school.

She had met up with Stiles and I in the parking lot, and we had informed her of the background check that Parrish had ran for us. Stiles' dad wasn't all that thrilled about it, but it did find something that made Stiles flip his shit. We found a speeding ticket signed by Theo's father, now why that was crucial in this whole Theo investigation... I don't know, but it was important to Stiles.