TWO

CHAPTER 2
CAPTURE

"THIS is Agent Solatto coming in

"THIS is Agent Solatto coming in. Inform the First Order, I've found the droid and light saber on Takodana. I've seen the droid and it located within Maz Kanata's castle. The saber alert has gone off again, I repeat: the light saber alert has gone off yet again."

A worker directly in charge of the ship's com interferences attached her own headpiece to speak to their agent, but her com was soon ripped away from her gasp. She looked up at her general attaching the com to himself.

"Agent Solatto, who are we looking for exactly? Who can we look for this information?" Hux spoke defiantly through the speaker, sending spit the female worker's way.

"Firstly, the droid is located with a Han Solo, the scavenger girl, and FN-2187. The girl has headed West." From where the agent was being escorted out in Maz's port-castle, she tried remembering the girl that had emerged from out of the blue around the time the alert had gone off. Spotting the blonde girl biting her nail in the corner of the room while the rest of the creatures were being pushed out, she smirked, muttering into her com, "Secondly, I believe you'll find your answers about the saber in the only human girl that will be left in Maz's castle when you arrive. Find her before she can leave."

•••

With the amount of strange creatures that walked into Maz's port, Raena thought she'd seen it all. She had never been more wrong.

Maz had tried to evacuate the castle as fast as she could, but some were too slow for her liking. She brought Han and his unknown traveler down below with her, passing on the information to Raena later that she had given them the lightsaber for safe keeping. She shoved the rest of the travelers out of the castle, locking the stone doors with a thud and shutting all the shades. Raena was left standing in the middle of the bar, repeating her question that wasn't being answered: "What is going on?"

Maz held her head for a second, muttering, "The First Order has arrived for the droid."

Raena approached one of the windows, pulling back the shade for a moment to see the famous black fleet before Maz smacked her hand away. "What are you doing? Do you want them to see us?"

"Why should it matter?" The blonde furrowed her brow. "They're not after us anyways."

A huge rumble shook them both to the ground, allowing Raena to fall on the cold ground below. Soon, blaster fire rang in her ears – a sound all too familiar to her – and she found herself plugging her fingers into her ears to block it out, but she couldn't. "Why are they attacking Takodana?" She screamed over the fire occurring outside. "Why don't those people that were with Han Solo just give the First Order the droid? Why are they destroying my home?"

"You don't understand, child!" Maz scolded, unable to hear even herself speak. "That BB-unit contains information even bigger than what you know. That droid hides a part of the map to Luke Skywalker, and if the First Order retrieves that, as well as the info on the lightsaber, we are doomed to walk through darkness forever."

Hot tears stung Raena's eyes as the sounds continued to ring in her red ears. She couldn't block them out, no matter how hard she tried. She wanted it to stop, but nothing in the whole galaxy would allow her that comfort. "They ... might want something else too," Maz mumbled, just loud enough for Raena to hear.

"What else could they possibly want?" She shrieked.

Before Maz could answer, they were startled by a loud pounding at the stone doors next to them. Raena's dark green orbs found Maz's, and she suddenly knew, even though she dared not to believe it. She shook her head slowly as the pounding continued: "HAND YOURSELF OVER TO THE FIRST ORDER OR RISK SERIOUS CONSEQUENCES TO YOUR PLANET!"

Her hand flew to her mouth, a scream locking itself in her throat. The fist kept pounding, as if it believed it could possibly open the door. "IF YOU DON'T ARRIVE IN THREE SECONDS, WE ARE BLOWING THIS DOOR DOWN!"

Raena let out a muffled sob.

"THREE!"

Maz brought the girl close, rubbing her shoulders. "Don't speak a word to them about the lightsaber."

"TWO!"

The old female brought Raena to her eye level, murmuring, "Remember you are a Nhagy, part of the best bounty hunter family in the galaxy."

"ONE!"

Raena nodded as the next words from Maz's mouth floated into the thin air: "The First Order is nothing compared to you."

In that instant, the stone cold doors were blasted to smithereens in front of the two females, who held each other with all their might. Small flecks of debris fell into Raena's eyes, blurring her vision as she spotted an army of storm troopers huddling into the port-castle. "Grab the girl!" One of them spoke to another.

Raena tried crawling backward on her hands and knees, but was soon pulled upwards but the many white-armored soliders. Maz tried pleading with them to let the blonde girl go, but they acted as if she wasn't there. Raena shrieked as she tried pulling herself out of their grasps, but they were stronger than her, and without a blaster, she was absolutely nothing.

"NO!" She let out another shrill scream as they led her to the big, black ship. All she needed was a blaster to blow this army into pieces, but as she tried squeezing her arms to reach the troopers', her hands were crushed within their palms. She made too much effort trying to retreat her steps backward that she became too tired to keep fighting. She continued to squeal at the top of her lungs: "LEAVE ME ALONE! GET AWAY FROM ME! PLEASE!"

Tears sprang from her eyes as her throat ached from screaming. She wiggled her arms away as they dragged her onto the ship, her screams echoing off the walls until a weapon was pointed to her head.

The planet was considered silent, except for Raena's last call for Maz.