Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve

I stopped the car in front of a spot I have been once before. I walked over to the ledge and sat down. This is were Ethan took me to find myself. I'm still looking but this place kinda started it all. I got out my sketch pad and began drawing. After I had a general idea on the paper I looked at my watch. I needed to be back at the school to get Ethan.

"Hey." Ethan said as I pulled up.

"Have you been waiting long?" I said jumping out of the drivers seat and getting into the passenger seat.

"No. I just got out here."

"How was detention?"

"It's not so bad. Want to help me start on my assignment for art?"

"I'd love to."

==========================

"The coffee shop makes you happy?"

"Of course it does. I first talked to my best friend here. Now sit in that chair over there."

"Why am I in your picture?"

"You make me happy and you're my best friend."

I posed for the picture while Ethan took it. His brow furrowed as he studied the snap shot he just took. A brief smile came across his face and he motioned me to follow him.

We walked around while he took random pictures. Once he was done we decided to go back to my place.

"You can come in."

"I wish I could. Aunt Sherry is expecting me."

"Okay see you!" I smiled and waved while he drove away.

"Mom, Dad I'm home."....... "Mom?"....... "Dad?"

I walked into the kitchen and seen a note on the fridge.

Claire,

Your father and I decided to go on a spur of the moment trip to Paris. We should be back within a week. There is a surprise for you out back. Be careful.

Love Mom

I walked to the back of the house and seen a brand new dark grey Toyota 4Runner. I didn't know what to do. I didn't want this gift. I wanted my parents. I walked over to the kitchen table, grabbed the keys, and drove to Ethan's special spot.

Might as well finish this assignment tonight.

=================================

Saturday was a boring day. Ethan didn't text me or come over. Kris decided to go on a date. How did things go? I have no idea. Sunday, Ethan got some pictures together and asked for me to look at them.

"Here they are."

There were around ten pictures. There was the one at the coffee shop, one of his aunt and uncle, one of his car, but one made me stop and look.

"When did you take this?" I asked referring to the picture in my hand.

"I honestly don't know."

It was a picture of me. My hair was blowing in the wind and I was looking off into the distance. I looked as if I was at thought. He included a picture of just me.

"They are great." I said handing him the pictures.

"Thanks Claire. What about your assignment?"

"Um. It's not done yet." Clearly it was already done but I wanted to give it to Ethan as a surprise.

"Can I see what you have done?"