Kraken

Kabuto POV

    I wake up next to a mutilated Sasuke and I smirk. Who ever that was is terrifyingly strong. I sling Sasuke on my back and head to the hideout. My neck still hurts from the needles that girl threw at me. About half way to the hideout, I feel Sasuke shift. "The sleeping beauty awakens," I smirk. "Shut up," I hear him mutter.

Hono POV

I walk in silence to the village. There are a few cuts on my sides but it doesn't faze me much. My face in grimy except for the little streaks made from my tears. I pull out a the kunai I have with his name on it and bury it in the dirt by a tree. I want to forget him. I contemplate a lot of things while walking to the village.

Time skip

I stroll through the gates trying to keep myself from crying. My brain continues to dwell on him. A part of me wants him to suffer but another want to bring him home. I pass the gatekeepers and let out a sigh. I go straight to Tsunade to tell her where the hideout is. I slump up the stairs and knock on the door. I hear her beckon me in. She looks up at me and smiles sadly. "How did it go?" she asks softly. "Well the hideout is 12 miles due east of the stone village and he has grown quite a bit," I look at my feet. "How are you?" she asks. After she said those words I broke down. Sobs rack through me and tears fall on the carpet. "I want him home but I want him dead. I don't know anymore!" I feel helpless. A weak little girl who can't handle a breakup. I rub my eyes and frown. "I'm pathetic," I whisper to myself. I look up at her with a fake smile. "Well, I will be on my way," I grin. Tsunade looks at me concerned. "I'm fine, really," I fib as I leave the building.

I bump into Naruto as I walk to my apartment. "Hey Hon- are you okay?" he asks as he looks at my teary eyes and grimy face. I look up and shake my head. "We can talk in my apartment," he says suddenly. We get into his apartment and he sits me on his couch. "What happened?" and I told him everything.

Naruto holds me as I cry even though he is crying too. "I'm so weak if I'm this broken up about an ex boyfriend," I scold myself. He pulls away and looks me in the eyes. "Then I am weak too. I haven't even confronted him our been through the hell he put you through and I'm crying," he scolds me. "I'm sorry," I lean my head on him. "You need to say sorry to yourself," he rebukes. "I'm sorry self," I mumble. I feel him laugh. I look up and see him laughing loudly but with a large snot drip hanging out of his nose and puffy eyes. His overall look is hilarious. I try to muffle my laughter but I couldn't. I burst out in laughter with him. "YOUR FACE!" I laugh. "YOUR LAUGH!" he screeches while giggling. WE feed off each others' laugh for a while. "RELEASE THE KRAKEN!" he yells and I was done from then on. We laugh for a solid 5 more minutes.

We finally calm down and we just sit in comfortable silence. We hear someone knock at the door. Naruto pops up and opens the door. "Granny Tsunade needs us!" Naruto calls over his shoulder. I put one mask and I walk to her office when we notice a pale boy about our age. He had black hair and no expression. "Who are you?" Naruto demands. "I am Sai," the boy states simply.  "Why are you here, I haven't seem you here?" I ask. He doesn't say anything but I see him eyeing my anbu uniform. "Look, you need to leave or we will have to force you to," Naruto threatens. He flashes a closed-eyed smile. "You don't have the balls to," I frown behind my mask.  Naruto makes a dozen shadow clones and attacks him. Sai whips out a paint brush and paper. He draws 2 lions and they come off the page. I decide to sit out this fight.

Soon, some of the others get involved, Including Sakura. I stand and wait. I remember that we need to see Lady Tsunade. "Naruto, we need to go," I call out. "Not right now!" He throws a few shurikans at Sai. I go around and tap all of his shadow clones on the shoulder lightly and they poof away. Sai used this opening to flee.

We walk into Lady Tsunade's office along with Sakura and see Sai and Tenzo? "What is he doing here!" Naruto and Sakura yell at him. "That is why I called you here. He's your new teammate," she sighs. "And Yammato is your stand in captain while Kakashi is out," she looks at each of us. "There is no way that this guy is going to replace Sasuke," Naruto glares at Sai. I think of how life would be if Sasuke never left. I shake it out of my head. "So what happened to Kakashi?" I ask out of the blue. "He got caught in Itachi's genjutsu," I nod my head. "You guys have been assigned a mission," She says.

"The Akatsuki is having a secret meeting with Orochimaru with Sasori. But he doesn't know Sasori is dead. We need you guys to pose as Sasori and get the information. Now go pack," she lays out the plan. Naruto and Sakura continues to grumble. Tenzo glares at Naruto and he cowers in fear. I start to walk out the room. "I'll be at the gate ugly," I turn around as Sai insults Sakura. She pulls her fist back but I grab it before it could land on his face. "We need to get along with this guy. I know he is not a delight but think of it as a mission," I try to calm her. I release her fist and go home to back, again.

I change out of the gray protective vest along with the arm guards, gloves, and anbu mask. I put on a black high-necked tank with a thick red line going to the center. I take off the long, strappy  shoes and replace them with shorter ones. I leave on the pair of shorts that cinched at the knee as well as my black mask. I wrap my arms up to mid forearm on each side. I also wrap my hand. I didn't feel like wrapping my legs. They don't have as many scars as my arms plus I have a prosthetic. I put my tools in a thigh holster.  I seal some extra clothes in scrolls and put them in the holster too. I adjust my forehead protector around my neck loosely. I glance at the picture in my room of team 7, well the old team 7.

I ruffle my hair and walk out the to and to the gates. It is going to be a long mission.