17:

Savannah:

 "Babe," I jump when Mason appears beside me. I scowl at him. "Don't sneak up on me like that," I say, annoyed. Mason gives me an apologetic smile. I place May's schoolwork into my bag. "Can we talk?" He asks. I shrug my shoulders. "Depends. Are you going to keep lying to me?" I ask. He sighs deeply. "I'm sorry." He starts to say. I raise my eyebrows at him. Mason states. I roll my eyes at him and close my locker. "You're gonna have to do better than that," I say. Mason runs his fingers through his hair. "I know. I'm sorry. I am. I do want to make it up to you." He said.

 I look at him, unsure. I didn't want to fight with him anymore and didn't want him to lie. "What do you have in mind?" I ask. He shrugs his shoulders. "A romantic date on the beach?" He suggests. I think about it for a moment. "Fine, but it better be romantic, or I'm not forgiving you." I threaten. He lets out a low laugh. "Alright, deal." He agrees. He presses his lips against mine. I pull away when someone clears their throat. 

Colton stands there awkwardly with keys in his hands. "Sorry," He half-heartedly apologizes. "Do you still need a ride?" Colton asks. His eyes never leave mine. "Uh, yeah," I agree. Colton nods, looking at Mason in distaste. "I'll wait for you in the front then," Colton says. I give him one final nod, and he walks away. I turn my attention back to Mason. He frowns at me. "He gave you a ride to school?" He asks. I nod slowly. "Right. So I'll pick you up at seven." He tells me. "Alright, see you then." I agree. He kisses me once more, then leaves. 

I wait until he's gone to walk to the front. I find Colton leaning against the wall. His attention focused on his phone. He looks up when he sees me. He stares at me briefly, then turns on his heel. I sigh, following after him. What is his deal? I was half tempted to ask him, but I didn't want to make him angry. He unlocks the car doors. I climb into the passenger seat and buckle up. Colton doesn't allow me to speak because he turns on the radio. We drive to May's in complete silence, aside from the music playing. 

When we arrive at her house, I mumble a thank you and leave the car. I run up the steps to Mays's house, knocking on her front door. A few moments later, it opens. May stands before me, wearing nothing but sleep shorts and a tee. Her hair was thrown up in a messy bun. She grumbles when she sees me but opens the door. "I brought your homework," I announce. She groans, leading the way to her bedroom. Once inside, she closes the door behind her. "I've slept all day." She grumbles. She sits on her bed and pulls a pillow against her lap. "I don't even remember coming home." She admits. I nod. "You were half asleep, and I drove you here," I said. She gives me a weak smile. 

"So, on a scale of 1-10, how embarrassing was I last night?" She whispers. "Well, you threw up at the party. Uh, you said you wanted to make out with my brother. Oh, and you cuddled me all night. Against my will, I might add." I explain. "So I'd say about a 10." She groans at me. She throws her hand over her eyes and sighs deeply. "I'm so sorry." She said. I nod slowly. Her eyes scan over mine, and she raises her eyebrows. "What did you do?" She asks. I pulled out my phone and showed her the picture of Blake's wall. She looks at me wide-eyed.

 "Does he know it's you?" She asks. "He assumes it's me. Though if I'm being honest, he did freak me out." I explain. She shakes her head at me. "Was Mason at the party? I vaguely remember him being there." She asks. I nod my head. I told her that Mason wanted to go on a date and that he was sorry. We continued talking about that for a while until she changed the subject. "Your brother messaged me." She said. I could hear a hopeful tone in her voice. "What did he say?" I ask. She shrugs her shoulders, trying to act casual. "Nothing. He said that he hoped I feel better." She gushes. 

Even though it wasn't much, it was still something. I nod my head slowly. "Right. Well, he's still an ass." I say. She scowls at me. "You don't have to be so negative, you know." She remarks. I hold my hands up in surrender. After a while, we decide to go downstairs and watch some TV. It wasn't until May's mom came home that it occurred to me that I still had to get ready for my date. "I better go. I still have to get ready." I tell May. 

She sighs deeply. "Alright, well, tell me how it goes." She says. I hold out my pinky, and she locks her around it. "Text you later," I promise, and then leave her house. I try to speed walk back to the house. I was mentally going through everything I needed to do to get ready for my date. I still had a few hours to prepare. Silently hoping that my brother and Colton weren't home. I walk into the house. "Van, how was May?" Brandon asks. I shrug my shoulders, kicking off my shoes. "Why don't you ask her yourself?" I remark. "Why would I do that?" He asks. I met his gaze and raised my eyebrow at him. "I don't know. Why would you?" I ask. He rolls his eyes at me. "You're stupid." He mumbles, walking back into the living room. "Exactly what I thought," I mutter under my breath. 

I turn, jogging up the stairs. I nearly run into Colton when I reach the top of the stairs. "Where are you going?" He asks. I shrug my shoulders. I step around him, going to my bedroom. Surprisingly, he follows after me. "Your parents called." He informs me. "Really. What did they say?" I ask. Colton leans against my door frame. I grab my towel off of the chair. "They wanted to talk to you," Colton says. "I'll call them later. If you'll excuse me, I must prepare for my date." I remark. Colton gives me a strange look. 

"What?" I ask him. His eyes burn into mine, an unreadable expression on his face. 

"When will you realize he's not good enough for you?" He asks. I'm dumbfounded by his question. "Excuse me?" I ask. He rolls his eyes at me. Savannah, you deserve better than this. You shouldn't have to keep dealing with the way he treats you," he states angrily. You have no right to comment on my relationship, Colton," I retort.

"Whatever, do what you want." He steps out of my room. "Colton," I call his name. I jump when he slams his bedroom door. What the hell was his problem? Shaking the thought out of my head, I went to the bathroom to get ready.