12:

Savannah

"Are you gonna sulk because I made you kiss me?" Colton asks, appearing at my doorway. I look up at him and frown. "Two things. First, it wasn't a real kiss. Second, I was finishing my Psych. notes." I remark. He crosses his arms, nodding slowly. "Right. Well, I ordered Chinese, and it should be here soon. Thought I'd let you know." He informs me. He stares at me for another minute, then leaves my doorway. I debate about going downstairs. I didn't want to spend time with Colton. But now that I think about it, I am hungry. Setting my pencil down, I climb off of my bed. I walk up the stairs and into the living room. Colton sat on the couch with his legs propped against the coffee table. The TV remote is in his hands.

 "Have you talked to Brandon?" I ask. Colton shakes his head. "Last I knew, he had another date with that girl a few days ago." He replies, not breaking his gaze from the TV. "What is this?" I ask, referring to whatever he was watching. "Cabin in Woods. It's supposed to be a scary movie, but so far, I'm not impressed." Colton explains. I could see him glance at me from the corner of my eye. The movie must have just started because the main characters were still in the city. When the doorbell rings, I avert my attention from the movie towards the entryway. 

"I'll get it," I mumble when I notice Colton still sitting. I climb to my feet walking to the front door. I open it to find Mason standing there. A look of relief appears on his face, but it's replaced with worry. "Can we talk?" He asks. I nod my head, walking onto the front porch. I closed the door behind me so we had more privacy. Mason tries to grab my hand, but I cringe back. "So what? I'm not allowed to touch you now?" He asks, slightly offended. I shake my head.

"What do you want, Mason?" I ask. He takes a step back and frowns. "I want to  apologize." He admits. "I know that I was being a jerk. You didn't deserve that. I'm sorry, Vanna, really I am. I want to make it up to you. I don't want to lose you over something so silly," He says. "It's not silly. You have to respect me. It's always the same thing with you. You apologize, then it happens again a few weeks later, and I always forgive you. I can't keep forgiving you for not respecting my boundaries." I say. "And I know that. I promise, Savannah, it'll never be an issue again. I will be the boyfriend you want me to be." He reassured me. 

I wanted to believe him despite everything in me telling me not to. I watch him for a moment. He seemed sincere. "Okay, fine. You're forgiven." I announce. He smiles widely at me, throwing his arms around my waist. I wrap my arms around his neck and hold him close to me. I've missed him even though it's only been a few days. He pulls back enough for me to see him. A cheesy grin plays on his face. "You know I love you." He whispers. "You better." I joke, causing both of us to laugh. He presses his lips to mine. I grab the side of his face, deepening the kiss. His hold on my waist tightens. I jump back when the front door opens. 

"Okay, so Chinese isn't here," Colton states. I wipe my lips with the back of my hand. Colton leans against the door entrance and smirks. "So, what's up?" He asks. I glare at him, but he doesn't seem to notice because he is having some stare-down with Mason. "Can you go inside?" I ask. Colton's gaze finally meets mine. The look on his face sends chills down my back. He looked angry. "Colton, please. We're talking." I plead. He seems unsure for a moment, then shakes his head. "I don't think Brandon would be okay with his little sister sucking face with her boyfriend on the front porch." He glances at Mason but never looks away from me. "I don't see how that's any of your business." Mason snaps. Colton lets out a dry laugh and steps onto the porch. "Because even though she may be a pain in my ass and most of the time she's annoying, she's still like family. She's like my little sister. So that's why it's my business." Colton remarks.

 Before Mason can open his mouth, Brandon walks up the steps. "What's going on?" He asks. He looks between the three of us. Colton shakes his head. "Nothing." He replies, then turns on his heel, returning to the house. Brandon gives me a questioning look, but I shake my head. "Right. 2 minutes, Savannah," Brandon states, walking inside. I wait until the door is closed. "I'm sorry." I apologize. Mason shakes his head. "Is Colton always that annoying?" Mason asks. I shake my head. Colton had never involved himself in any of my problems before. Never in all the years have I known him. He was annoying in other ways, but never in this one. My mind was whirling with a bunch of different thoughts.

 I'm drawn away from them when Mason wraps his arms around me. "Can we hang out tomorrow?" I ask. "I can ride home with you after school," I add. Mason starts to nod, but suddenly, he shakes his head. "You can't, but I can pick you up later." Mason excuses. He leaves me confused for a moment. "Alright, tomorrow then." I agree reluctantly. He gives me a quick kiss and leaves. I watch him drive away before I walk to the door. 

When I step inside, Colton and Brandon are still in the entryway. They stop talking as soon as I walk in. "I mean, make it more obvious you're talking about me," I said, annoyed. Brandon shakes his head. "Van, it's a little late for you to be having him over anyway. You know the rules." He states. "Wow, isn't that a little hypocritical, considering you two had girls here yesterday." I protest. "Fine but you know I don't like him hanging around here this late at night," Brandon remarks. I shake my head in disbelief. "What do you want me to say? I'm sorry?" I ask sarcastically. 

Brandon ponders for a moment. "I was being sarcastic. I'm not going to apologize." I said. Brandon opens his mouth to speak, but Colton beats him to it. "We just need to stop playing the blame game and accept that we've all been breaking the rules," Colton announces. I hated to admit this, but he was right. Brandon let out a deep sigh when the doorbell rang. He stepped out the door towards the delivery man. 

I looked at Colton, who was already looking at me. "What?" I ask. He doesn't hesitate to shake his head. "You don't want to know." He whispers. His dark brown eyes search mine as if trying to find something. We break our gaze when Brandon appears at the door. "Let's eat, shall we?" He asks. I close the door, following them into the kitchen. Colton grabs plates from the cabinet and sets them on the counter. I take one from him and fill my plate with food. Brandon is the first one to get his food. So he's the first to leave the kitchen. "Can I ask you something?" Colton speaks up.

 I nod, pouring some noodles onto my plate. "What do you see in Reed?" His question takes me by surprise. I look up at him to see that he's being earnest. I look away from him and shrug my shoulders. "A lot of things. He's sweet and funny. I have a good time when I'm around him." I admit. "And you've been together for a year?" He asks. I nod my head and finally look up at him. "Why the sudden interest?" I ask, slightly defensively. He shakes his head as he picks up his plate. "Just wondering." He replies. He winks at me, leaving the kitchen. What is his deal?