Chapter 14- Mechanic's Influence

Start from the beginning

M.L.A was expressing the reassurance and concerned part of it or step one. Once the stages progress then the hostage/kidnapee feel a sort of connection with their enemies and when the time comes to ask where they are they will usually tell them so their new ‘friends’ can protect them. I don’t need to explain how badly that turns out for the hostages.

What they are telling the hostages isn’t real, ever. No gang member or kidnapper is doing this against their free will nine and a half times out of ten. They will do it for money or just for the thrill. I shouldn’t believe them or care but I still held the Jupiter in my hand completely unharmed. I was smarter than this.

I looked at the phone in my hand…….

Okay so I was getting smarter.

The door opened and the phone slipped out of my hand in shock. Like I previously said I didn’t tell the others about my contact with M.L.A and I instead told them that the phone hadn’t provided any useful information that we didn’t already know. Yet.

So I believe that they think that the phone is in twenty different pieces and completely useless.

“Aura?” John walked into the room. I kicked the phone under the bed and heard it make contact with one of the legs of the bed frame making a ricocheting noise. “What was that?”

“What was what?” I lie quickly back. He raises an eyebrow at my rushed speech but doesn’t comment on it.

Fran still insisted that John had a ‘thing’ for me and that was made more present when he insisted I wore the watch that had a tracking device in it the day I was kidnapped. I didn’t agree with or deny her statement but instead decided to follow her advice, give it a chance. Of course now I had to try and see if I could see him in that way, the boyfriend/lover way.

Today he wore dark wash jeans that hung on his body nicely; his blue button up shirt was rolled up to his elbows and wasn’t buttoned providing a nice view of his chest.

Six pack? Check.

Hair? Very minimal.

Tattoo? Check.

His blonde hair was messed up giving the nice just rolled out of bed look or sex hair look, whichever you prefer to call it. He seemed to make every girl swoon and giggle like a teenager who never saw a guy before. But I just saw him as, as…..

The Mechanic.

He was my friend, which I guess could branch out to something more, but I always imagined that when I found someone that I could love or really like I would feel safe. Safe from any harm or the clawing paranoia of being caught. Again.

“Aura?” He snaps his fingers in front of my face giving me a close view of his ocean blue eyes, “You in there?”

“Yeah I just,” I thought for a moment. “Blanked.

“Well get filled in, Fran wants to hold some type of meeting.”

“That’s what she said!” Matt screamed walking by my room.

“Not what I meant!” John yelled stomping out angrily. His jeans really fit his ass nicely.

AURA! My subconscious shouted at me.

What, he has a nice ass.

You still have a cut on your neck from almost having your throat slit open, now is not the time to be getting together with a guy!

In my defense I was just checking out his ass.

Such a guy thing to do, now get the phone.