Chapter 17: kevin knows

Kevin's pov

I jumped back screaming slightly as I nearly dropped a sheet of metal on my foot. I look down my heart still beating hoping that I still have both my feet. I roll my eyes as I realise I do and sigh at my own stupidity. I'm not even going to attempt to move anything else.

I run a hand through my hair leaning against the wall and closing my eyes. I've got so much to do today! I have no idea how Gregory and The Mole expect me to get all this finished before they get back. I'm the only blacksmith here!

I have help, sure. But that help isn't exactly useful when they are asleep! I look over at the clock hanging off of the wall and sigh.

7:00 am.

Great.

Clyde won't wake up for another hour and Stan is probably doing something inappropriate with Kyle. Or should I say his servant. I don't want Stan to work here, I'm fine with Clyde and I. I don't trust Stan. I have a theory that he is the Kings missing son. Also that Wendy is the missing daughter.

He apparently knows Clyde. I know they know each other. They're always talking whenever I'm working. Clyde told me when he first and here that he was a slave to the King and his stupid family. He had emotional and physical scars from the whole thing. I helped him heal his scars. That's why we're such close friends now.

Also Wendy and Stan look identical. Black hair, pale skin, blue eyes. The King has black hair, pale skin and blue eyes. Add the fact that his daughter and son are missing.

Gregory and Mole let Wendy push them around, she has pretty much ordered them around once or twice. When I first came here Gregory and Mole were strict with new members. Stan has been doing what he pleases around them as well. Staying out after curfew with Kyle.

Kyle acts weird around him. Clyde says they defiantly like each other more than friends, but I say Kyle's hiding something. I haven't seen him since he disappeared but he's defiantly keeping a secret from the rest of us. Kenny also. He's been down and crying a lot more often since Stan and Kyle arrived.

I should really ask Clyde. He's worked for the King before. I sigh shaking the thoughts of Stan being prince out of my head. I stand up straight and stretch rubbing my left eye. I haven't been sleeping that much lately. It's because of everything I've got to do. I'm the only one capable of actually melding and making tools.

Tweek has requested new garden equipment. Says that he needs new hoes and shovels. Christophe wasn't happy with how I remade his shovel so he wants it doing again. Craig has called in for more swords to be made so when we have to fight we will do better. Then I've got some knives, forks and spoons to make. I need to sleep, my work has defiantly gotten sloppy because of it.

I walk over to the furnace were I'm currently melting metal so I can pour it into the moulds for the cutlery. I run a hand through my hair and check if it's melted enough. When it isn't I sigh in frustration walking out of the black smiths and into the house built into the side of it.

I walk past the small kitchen, which is only there so I can focus on work instead of eating with everyone else, past the bathroom and into the bedroom Clyde and I share. There's a big double bed in the middle of the room because I was the only person to ever sleep in it before Clyde came. We don't really care though, we'll share the bed. It's not like we're touching when we sleep on separate sides.

I climb onto my side of the bed resting on my back as I stare up at the ceiling. I should at least try to get some sleep. The bags under my eyes are probably worse than Tweeks, and he actually has a sleeping problem.

I hear Clyde groan in his sleep beside me as he mutters Bebe's name. I roll my eyes sitting up cross legged in the bed. He won't shut up about her. She's all he talks about. He definable has a huge crush on her. It's not like she's a bitch or anything, she's nice. It's just Clyde is my best friend! If he and Bebe get together, he won't have anytime to talk to me!

I sigh in annoyance rolling over to face Clyde. He's still asleep, drilling slightly as he cuddles one of my pillows. I don't care. It's not like I'll get any sleep anyway. I give up and decide to just wake Clyde up, by climbing on top of him and shaking him.

"Clyyyyde! I need help in the shop! Wake uuuup!!" I tell him shaking his shoulders while I'm sitting on his stomach.

"Uhhh.." He grumbles trying to swat at my face. I dodge his hands and continue shaking him. "Fine Kev fine! I'm up!" He mumbles putting me next to him and sitting up. He peers at me and yawns. "Have you even slept?"

I shrug sitting up and jumping off the bed "you have five minutes to get into the shop. And I haven't had time to sleep."

Clyde looks at me concerned but them nods going into the bathroom as I renter the work room, going to check on the melting metal. I finish making the spoons, knives and forks and attempt to once gain move some metal, but I only make it halfway when Clyde turns up and helps me carry it.

"You shouldn't be lifting the metal on your own."

"I'm not a baby." I tell him but I'm smiling at how concerned he is. "But thanks for the concern."

It's busy in the workshop, with Tweek coming in at about 11:00am to collect his tools, which are not ready. He then comments about the bags under my eyes and walks out. At half eleven Stan walks in, late. I scold him and then carry on with my work, watching him closely when he approaches Clyde to make sure Stan isn't doing anything to hurt Clyde.

****

the end of the day finally rolls around and me and Clyde are sat outside in the field watching as the sun goes down. Clyde is just staring straight ahead as I feel my eyes start to droop, but I keep them open and decide to ask Clyde about my theory on Stan.

"Stan? A prince? Yeah why?" I look at Clyde shocked

"The Prince of Yardale? Right here.. I knew it!"

Clyde locks away from the sunset and looks at me. "Is that bad?"

"The King and his kingdom ruined me. My image was broken down into little pieces. You don't want to know, what the King did and what it made me into.." I mumble the last part, running my arm and breaking my gaze with Clyde's and looking down. 

I feel Clyde put his arm around my shoulders. "You're you now Kevin. Whatever you were before we met doesn't matter. Are you mad that he's here?"

"It disappoints me. Wendy is obviously his sister. They've both been welcomed and accepted but are still from the Kingdom of Yardale. I'm not exactly comfortable with it, but I'll deal with it."

Clyde smiles and kisses my temple while I rest my head on his shoulder the sun finally disappearing behind the wall.

"Do you think that Gregory and Mole know that there Royal?" I ask Clyde

"Defiantly, they wouldn't let just anyone break rules and push them around." I scoff at that moving closer to Clyde.

"They shouldn't let people push them around. They're leaders, gone through hell and back together. They deserve respect. Wendy obviously doesn't see that." I mumble annoyance clear in my voice. Stan hasn't ever pushed Gregory and Mole around, he has just stayed past curfew with Kyle.

Clyde stands up and I almost fall on my side from lose of leaning on him. He chuckles and offers me a hand. I take it and he helps me up putting his arm around my shoulders.

"We're getting you some sleep, come on."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Im going to put little bits of info about how everyone was before Stan and Kyle came and whatnot.

Example:
The first thing Kenny loved about Butters was his eyes. One of them was a dark blue, the other a baby blue.

Also, who's interested in Kevin's backstory?

CYA LATER NERDZ